A concrete question for you guys

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think cyle is on here anymore been awhile since we have been fortunate enough to listen to wisdom beyond our knowledge

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be pouring my concrete pad outside my walkout basement soon. Plan is too put hot tub out there. Hot tub with water and people prob close too 6000 lbs. Just wondering with all the weight will the pad crack ? Should i pour a thick pad and or put piles in ? Any ideas and tips are greatly appreciated.

dont knwo much about it.

but i was always told that concrete only give 3 gurantees:

1. gets hard
2. turns grey
3. gonna crack

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh he's still here. Still doesn't shut up.

aint that the damn truth.. i dnt even know the man/kid whatever he is, and he annoys me.

words of wisdom from cycle himself : do no wash your car... u loose value of it doing so.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas and tips. I know it will crack. I was just worried with the tub and all the weight on there if i should be doing something extra. I was worried it would crack too much and fall apart. One guy told me i should have piles in below the frost line where the tub goes. Just paranoid i guess, don't wanna have too do it twice lol...

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the ideas and tips. I know it will crack. I was just worried with the tub and all the weight on there if i should be doing something extra. I was worried it would crack too much and fall apart. One guy told me i should have piles in below the frost line where the tub goes. Just paranoid i guess, don't wanna have too do it twice lol...

Your going to attempt this without Cycles advice? Bad move. He celebrated his 30th year in concrete on his 24th B-day. He also has a ex and a bad shoulder.....that is all..

Top Bottom