Basement prep costs

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my home builders mortgage i just put in a bulk labour quote. I am gonna be calling for a bank inspection soon. Just trying too fig out the rough costs on labour only for the basement if i had someone come in and do it. I would imagine they would like the cost breakdown by the sqft ? So what i am looking for would be a cost on a 1850 sqft basement.

(1) Level/Tamp basement for concrete. Lay insulworks styrofoam and pex tubing for in floor heating. Place and tie rebar. A cost for sqft of basement.

(2) Place/Pour and finnish concrete pad in basement. A cost for sqft. I have a quote for this already. $ 1.50 sqft. Just wondering if its close too the going rate.

I have done all the work myself, i am just trying too do a reasonable breakdown for the bank so i can get paid on the work i did.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the concrete, i'm thinkin that cost of $1.50 per sqft is without the concrete cost right?????? cause there's no way $2500 would cover the labor of place/pour and finish and cost of concrete for 1850 sqft.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds about right. Prices can go up and down depending how busy the trades are. I have framed a house as cheap as 90 cents a square, basement, and windows and doors included. That would be 1700 bucks to get your whole house up.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes buck50 thats correct. $ 1.50 for the finnisher and his two helpers too place the concrete and finnish. My concrete quote is seperate from that. I am just trying too fig out labour costs for all this bsmnt work so i have something for the bank. My material quotes i have seperate.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes buck50 thats correct. $ 1.50 for the finnisher and his two helpers too place the concrete and finnish. My concrete quote is seperate from that. I am just trying too fig out labour costs for all this bsmnt work so i have something for the bank. My material quotes i have seperate.

On that size of floor, $1.50 is pretty steep. Guys are going as low as $1.00 last winter, not sure this winter exactly my guess is $1.25 or so. But if your a long ways out of town it will go up.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for the concrete, i'm thinkin that cost of $1.50 per sqft is without the concrete cost right?????? cause there's no way $2500 would cover the labor of place/pour and finish and cost of concrete for 1850 sqft.

I'd like to know where in alberta you can even buy concrete at $1.50 sq/ft......Or even close. How is that a serious question?...................Look up defintion of labour and you wouldn't of had to ask in the first place!

Top Bottom