9R turbo build

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking good, but damn are Polaris pro taper bars gay looking, same bars now for what? 15 years or more…… everyone changes bars anyway but you’d think they would go away from that giant rise bar and go to a 1-2” rise bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why change what works ? 90% of riders will never notice a handling difference with different bars.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What a weekend in revy. Wicked snow and some sun. The 9R is the most responsive turbo I’ve ran to date. Here’s a few quick pulls on a simple hill. Everyone that rode it was impressed with a fast it made track speed.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
They never notice because they never try

That's funny. I did notice a huge change when I went from an XP to pro back in 2013. The Polaris bar was much better. Narrower in the grip making it much easier to hold on to and better feel. Since then they have narrowed the bars and given different factory offered heights. When Doo came out with their "expert" bars it was to make them on par with what Polaris was offering. Doo did a lot of changes to their bars over the last 15 years, wonder why?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
dragonweld28, Polaris should be very grateful towards you. You have probably just boosted the sales of all the leftover 9R’s the dealers have sitting around.
Ya. It was something that was talked about for a while and I really wanted to find out if would work with out fast the 9R rev's. Hopefully ill sell some turbo kits with how well it works.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's funny. I did notice a huge change when I went from an XP to pro back in 2013. The Polaris bar was much better. Narrower in the grip making it much easier to hold on to and better feel. Since then they have narrowed the bars and given different factory offered heights. When Doo came out with their "expert" bars it was to make them on par with what Polaris was offering. Doo did a lot of changes to their bars over the last 15 years, wonder why?

Nobody copied a pro taper lol, give your head a shake, if anything they copied bars that CFR was making, nobody runs a 6” rise bar lol, they use a riser for that and then use a 1” or 2” rise bar. Yes Polaris had skinny grips because only kids and women thought the 13 rmk was sweet with its 135hp grenading 800 so that helped them to hold on better while being towed out. CFR brought smaller diameter grips ends and then doo put bars like that in the expert and everything else

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cfr copied pro taper dirt bike bars that have been around for 30 years. I ran these on my bikes and sleds back in the day. Now i run cfr cause its easier

1709659639459.png

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are tickets still being sold on this Beast? I'm not on Facebook, but had the Wife look and could not find anything associated with an Andrew Macdonald. Thx.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are tickets still being sold on this Beast? I'm not on Facebook, but had the Wife look and could not find anything associated with an Andrew Macdonald. Thx.
Yes. They are this link should get you there

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They never notice because they never try

And like me, they may never notice because they don’t give a ch!t. Stock, medium height bars work fine for the riding I do and I refuse to waste any of my limited riding time trying different bars.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And like me, they may never notice because they don’t give a ch!t. Stock, medium height bars work fine for the riding I do and I refuse to waste any of my limited riding time trying different bars.

Can confirm ive smashed my face on stock bars stock riser also 4 and 5 risers lol one thing i do not regret it removing the mountain bar and adding a pig fat bar pad

Top Bottom