95 Dodge Diesel Blowing oil out.

bren3flames

Reaction score
Hey guys just looking for some advice on what to look for. I have a 95 Dodge diesel dually, manual with about 360,000 km on it and it is blowing oil all over the drivers side of the engine. It seems to be coming from the around or from the dip stick. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could be looking at the crank case vent, it will drip oil. But, sounds like it is "blowing" oil more than dripping so tough to say without actually looking at it.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wash it all off so you can see where it's coming from. Probably a vacuum pump seal though.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wash it all off so you can see where it's coming from. Probably a vacuum pump seal though.

vacuum pump leaks are common and it really pumps out of it. As far as serious engine failure pull your oil filler cap and see if its pumping air, if you can pump up a bike tire its too much!!

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the oil is coming out the dipstick tube you have a ring problem. Wash off the engine, Them check where the oil is coming from. If the rings are weak compression will build up inside the crankcase and try to get out anywhere it can......dipstick. I have been a mechanic for only 35 years. Good luck

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the oil is coming out the dipstick tube you have a ring problem. Wash off the engine, Them check where the oil is coming from. If the rings are weak compression will build up inside the crankcase and try to get out anywhere it can......dipstick. I have been a mechanic for only 35 years. Good luck

Just went through this on my 5.9 Cummings! Rings 1 & 6 toasted. Severe blow by coming from oil filler cap! Sounds like rings to me. Keep that air cleaner box sealed up and air filter changed often if you're in dusty conditions....

Top Bottom