75 Cm of snow at Castle mountain

Maclintock

Reaction score
At my house ( Coleman) I have had 88:eek: Cm's of snow since yesterday morning ( Just measured on weather station 5 minutes ago)
Castle Mountain was reporting 75 CM in the last 2 days with 55 overnight, and that was at 5:30 this AM. It has not stopped snowing and is still coming down hard.
Buddy was back in Macdonald hunting on Tuesday and said theri was easily 2 feet.

Get out on the trails and pack em down!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOO

Maclintock

Reaction score
Fernie ski hill has had 45 cm in the last 48 hrs and expecting heavy snowfall all day. et the rolling Hills are getting smoked!!!!!!!!!!:)

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
looking good!

Attachments

• kabcam.jpg
    kabcam.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 746

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
season is here boys like stated above lets get out this weekend and pack some trails and really get the season rollin

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i was here this weekend I would be out blazin a trail someone should try going up middle pass see what it looks like I bet that back area by the burn would be good

Maclintock

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Attachments

• PB180023.jpg
    PB180023.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 675
  • PB170014.jpg
    PB170014.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 679
  • PB170018.jpg
    PB170018.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 671

Maclintock

Reaction score
figured as much,,, How deep was the snow.????

A Friend was up hunting in Lost today and said 3 feet at the cabin.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please remember guy's,PACK the trails don't rip them up.Rough trails suck.We have a chance to pack down a good base.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok as a newb I have to ask the question, in what manner do you ride to do this other than the obvious, not throwing a 50ft rooster down the trails.
I can tell you this longhorn...if you ride westcastle and you are the first few riders trying to bust up over the pass there is no ride nice and pack it...I have pulled that as the leader a few times and it takes big hp and track speed in a few places to clear the path...I guess if you are running up the road you could keep off the throttle...that just seems wrong to me...haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ok as a newb I have to ask the question, in what manner do you ride to do this other than the obvious, not throwing a 50ft rooster down the trails.
I can tell you this longhorn...if you ride westcastle and you are the first few riders trying to bust up over the pass there is no ride nice and pack it...I have pulled that as the leader a few times and it takes big hp and track speed in a few places to clear the path...I guess if you are running up the road you could keep off the throttle...that just seems wrong to me...haha

This was kind of what I was getting at...you still have to ride for the terrain and there are many spots I can think of that you arent going to just crawl over...Thought maybe I was missing something!

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Maclintock

Reaction score
Castle ended up with a total of 90 Cm in the last 48
It is freakin cold out this morning. -28 at my house up in pineview right now.

Talked to a couple friends who were in Lost yesterday. 3 feet at 2PM and snowing hard.

Talked to the Groomer for the Crow snow riders, and they just need the snow to settle and warm up a bit, and probably another dump to really pack it. He said they could not do trails yet with the packer, as they need a packed snow base as well, or too much damage.

Fernie did not get as much with a total of 48 in the last 48hrs.

I would like to know what Barnes lake and the Hills got?????

Watch out for A Arm busters if you are going out.:eek:

Top Bottom