700 king quad/ oil pressure

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if there is a way to check the oil pressure if the engine does not run. GW cycle was suppose to check and see why the engine quit (diagnose the problem). They said that the cam gear turned on the cam and it would cost $1000 to fix it. Reluctantly I paid, load up the quad take it home and start it up revved it twice and go to back it of the truck and it quits. I take it back and now they said it is the head it is warped, it will cost $1800 but we missed that and will give it to you and install it for $1200, they order the parts from Japan put it back together and now say there is no oil pressure. Don't you think that should have been something that should have been check at the beginning, or is this not a common practice. I haven't herd yet but I'm thinking if the cam gear turned and the head got f up that the rest of the engine is f also. Any one have another engine?:mad:

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
thats impossible to check, ur motor has to run to turn the oil pump gear. I've done a rebuild myself on a king that scored a cylinder, and sumthin got inbetwwen the oil pump sprocket and oil pump chain, breaking the chain and not pumping oil up top.
Maybe pull off the left engine cover and have a look, ur oil pump gear will be behind the rotor, see if the chain is busted, that would cause no oil pressure symptoms. Good luck

And i do have a Brand new 700 motor in a crate, boss will let it go for 3k

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I new earlier I might have gone that way, or bought a newer machine. It pisses me off how I got so far into this machine and nothing to show for it as of yet. Thanks for the info thou

Top Bottom