670x in a polaris indy chassis

HANES347

Reaction score
i put a summit 670 engine in a polaris indy chassis..long tracked it.and everything...oil delete kit..but my vrankcase keeps filling with fuel...i have changed fuel pump checked needle and seat adjusted float heights...anyone have any other ideas to try any help would be muchly appreciated

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Needle valve and seat is the most logical, did you pull them right out? may look good but just a grain of sand will cause fuel to flow by, replace them there cheap.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What angle are the carbs sitting at? Not sure about the height of the motor plate etc, could be that the motor is too low and carbs are on too much of an angle.

Both sides or only one side filling with fuel? If the vacuum tube has fuel then I would suspect fuel pump, if the vacuum tube is dry then it should be carbs?

Where are your hoses routed? Anyway the primer could be siphoning into the back of the carbs?

HANES347

Reaction score
i replaced my fuel pump already.. the fuel lines i have running up above the carbs then down..the carbs are at bit of an angle so i got the float heights adjusted...but my primer lines i did notice that i see alot of air bubbles in it??? not normal is it

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i replaced my fuel pump already.. the fuel lines i have running up above the carbs then down..the carbs are at bit of an angle so i got the float heights adjusted...but my primer lines i did notice that i see alot of air bubbles in it??? not normal is it

My primer line always has bubbles, take a couple pumps before feel resistance. Do you have the primer line up above carbs and then back down?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The needle & seat in the 670X is a Viton needle - which aren't heavy enough to stay closed when parked on an angle or if there is ANYTHING in your fuel tank. Quick fix - order the brass needle and seat from your doo dealer ( I think it was used in the 93 Mach) - a good parts dept should be able to help you out. After installation, you can roll the sled and it won't flood...

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i had a ski-poo once, it was a 197? im guessing tnt 440 that i threw a 1994 polaris indy sport 440 engine into it, went pretyy good, untill the pipe bent so bad it wouldnt run good now more. its opn the site some where, if you do a search and type in red neck mod you should find it

sorry for the hijack

firecat99

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen when i put a 91 mach 1 617 motor in a 98 formula 500 chassi, and I cant remember what it was that i did, but my crank keep filling up and it had something to do with my pulse from the crank to the fuel pump then i just ended up going through all the lines with new ones, sled when like stink i could not believe that little motor can move like that

Top Bottom