40 years is enough

muffin

Reaction score
times have changed, some of us find it very difficult to deal with the changes in the sport. People pulling knives at Revy cabin, destroying motel rooms for fun, people suing peole for stupid reasons, talking like a bunch of little kids on computer web sites, so many rude people in the mountains these days , and on and on. I remember the revy web site , it was good , what happened there? Long and short of it i give up my sport , cant change , dont want to , it was better before according to allot of us old guys . Yes this is kind of a bitch thread . selling my Turbo Apex , sled trailer, might keep the wifes XP , not worth a whole lot anyway. Got to thank allot of people , like ,Darrel Baker, Tom Collins , most of you never heard of them fellas , But most have heard of Mr, Yamaha , Randy Swensen, thanks so much what a great ambasidor for the sport! Lots of others to thank but never see them on here any more , Kathy, Neil , Phil, etc. Later ..... Cheers!:beer::)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aaaaaawwww muffin! Put on your panties and enjoy the sport. Yes there are people that try to ruin the sport. That's why there needs to be more people defending the sport. I know I'm on the defending side of things. Quitting the sport won't do f all. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like one less person using up all my good powder, no?

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's not good. But sleddings all about sticking together, and having fun with your friends. So why not stick together as the good guys, and get rid of this. Don't give up on something you like. I love sledding and I won't let something like this stop me. Because if all of us good guys give up our sport. It will be over run by bad guys, and it will get even worse of a name. Theirs alot of good guys out their that sled!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
solid read.......solid read......:sadbanana::dunno:

its not that bad.

its rare i see something to be embarrassed of. but it does happen a few times a season. all you have to know is that its an isolated group of people responsible and they are not welcome in the community. and to try our best ( safely) to let them know that.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stick with it. All those guys you mentioned are friends of mine as well and great ambassadors to our sport. You are in good company if you are riding with them all winter. And think of Daryl. Who's gonna take care of your wallet if you get out of the sport. Lol.

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jim, just ride old crap like me and all's well. and stay away from race gas, it'll suck the life out of ya. lol

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
every sport has its bs, quadding, sledding, boating, camping, hockey, baseball. doesnt matter what you do or where you go you will run into those who have little respect, little common sense, and those who feel the need to cause trouble........throwing in the towel is letting their voice be louder than yours, and their impact more felt....if people leave what they love because of the douches who are giving it a bad name they're only putting an exclamation point on the impact those people are already having on the sport

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee that the guys who pulled the knives at the cabin and all the clowns that trash motel rooms aren't going to miss you when you leave the sport, but the guys you ride with every week will.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I see you're from beautiful downtown Okotokos! It is a lot closer to the Fernie/Elkford area than Revy, not as crowded, and definitely not as hay wire.

Our snow is pretty good and in some places it is awesome. I can take you to places for the day and you may not see another sled. Still a little laid back and quite
friendly.

From what many are saying you should hang in there. I've been sledding for 40+ and plan on another 10 (Lord be willing). I'd be willing to show you some quiet places this winter if you're
really not in a rush to shut 'er down.....

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO that's like saying "there was riots in Vancouver after the stanley cup game... Guess I'll stop watching hockey." Makes no sense to me.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee that the guys who pulled the knives at the cabin and all the clowns that trash motel rooms aren't going to miss you when you leave the sport, but the guys you ride with every week will.

Someone pulled knives at the boulder cabin??? for real?? lol like seriously...... what is the story here

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone pulled knives at the boulder cabin??? for real?? lol like seriously...... what is the story here

What I was told by Powderpuff was that a couple guys were drinking heavily on the hill and in the cabin and someone approached them about there vulgar language and were told to beat it. Then some more people complained and one of the clowns pulled out a knife and threatened the people. Unfortunately they police for whatever reason weren't able to catch the guys as by the time they were alerted the guys were gone.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Someone pulled a knife in edmonton... I %^&*in outta here! And seriosly... SOMEONE TRASHED A MOTEL ROOM!? To HELL with this sport then! I cant belive someone trashed a motel room!!!!Why the hell would i EVER want to get away from everything for a weekend and go hang out with my best friends at 9 thousand feet above the clouds taking in the fresh air! SOMEONE TRASHED A MOTEL ROOM! IM NEVER GOING BACK!!!! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
someone pulled a knife in edmonton... I %^&*in outta here! And seriosly... Someone trashed a motel room!? To hell with this sport then! I cant belive someone trashed a motel room!!!!why the hell would i ever want to get away from everything for a weekend and go hang out with my best friends at 9 thousand feet above the clouds taking in the fresh air! Someone trashed a motel room! Im never going back!!!! Neeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

so you're still not allowed back in that motel, eh???? Lol ;)

Top Bottom