3rd Engine-07 Summit 800

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy Dean has gone through 2 engines under warranty and now Ski Doo will not warranty the 3rd one. I have not heard of anyone having such luck!

He has asked me to see what I can find on here. His sled was completely stock(except a can)-always used Doo oil and has taken care of his sled. Anyone else have such luck??

Here are a couple pics of Dean last year at Crowfoot & Grizzly.

Attachments

• dean01.jpg
    dean01.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 27
  • dean02.jpg
    dean02.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 37

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what was the cause of the first and second failures
have buddie riding an 07 and the thing never misses a stroke awesome sled

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Raz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said the bottom end went on the first one and the top end on the second.

I don't know all the details but I have heard of people having problems with engines from 2007.

IF you had engines problems, please post what the problem was, if it was under warranty, if you were happy with your service, etc...

The more info I can get for him, the more ammo he will have to take to BRP...

Thanks for your help.

xtreme

Reaction score
i also am on my third engine :( on my 07 800 there's only 1500mls on the chasi i also have all upgrades. all engines were installed by skidoo dealer

so far i have 500miles on new engine and its running strong

good luck hope you have a good year

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its doing better than my 08 800 Dragon it's on motor number 5! And still needs the recall wich will be number 6.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know guy in Whitecourt on his XRS 2007 6 engines every single failure you could think of happened.$15 900 in warranty BRP paid on that thing.They even extended his warranty one more year for him. The Dealer went to bat for him and got the extended warranty.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure but, 6 motors come on there has to be something your bud or dealer is doing wrong here. maybe someone should check the oil pump, let the sled warm up before Wide Open Throttle. come on here i'd call BS on this.

mtnluvr

Reaction score
I think you are in rare company. Ive had 2 RT1000s that went thru 2 each and a 3rd that did 3 all in about 1200 miles. To hear such bad luck on an 800 is unheard of. BTW my dealer here was great every time all I got hooked for was some labor and heli bills.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure but, 6 motors come on there has to be something your bud or dealer is doing wrong here. maybe someone should check the oil pump, let the sled warm up before Wide Open Throttle. come on here i'd call BS on this.[/QUO
Well i am on #4 on my 07 XRS all was warrenty Its got dick all to do with the oil pump. BRP had a bad run of junk cases.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 07 summit for awhile with the 800R. No issues at all, always used premium fuel. Then a friend bought it, and used regular fuel for 3 months. Blew the motor, had to replace pistons, & pots. Dealership said the pistons got to hot, could be from the fuel????? This is all I know of the 07's.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i am on number two ... and the reason it blew the first time was the piston skirt broke off 1300 miles on her now

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What exactly was the third engine failure?
For the manufacturer not to honor the warranty tells me there is something the owner has done wrong.

I've been running different toys all my life and have never had an engine failure.

I started in 1970.

Top Bottom