3ming painted bumpers

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought a super duty platinum that has the painted front and rear bumpers and am wondering what is the best way to protect the paint on the bumper, i have a couple of buddies that have the denalis with the painted bumpers and they are chipping like crazy, it looks horrible is 3m the way to go?

Thanks Shawn

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give CATPRIDE in here a pm he owns st albert tint he will 3m your bumper for you he does lots of trucks looks awesome

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got 3m put on my old fx4 ecoboost. IMO it was a waist of money. Way overpriced and the rocks just chipped right through it.

NorthstaRmk

Reaction score
well, in 3-4 years it will start rusting regardless of what you do, so save your money, and in 3-4 years, take your bumper off and get it re-painted

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Cabelas, and that will be the LAST painted bumper I will ever own.

You are better off to get it armaguarded, then painted over.

3m will work for a while, but still..

Forever Chromie.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would have to put 3m film on the inside of the rear bumper to make it work

I like the idea of removing and having them sprayed with box liner

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3M works just fine on painted surfaces...... Why some people have trouble with it I don't know but then I think they expect it to stop boulders and it can't. Bedliner will last forever but then that rough pebbly crap looks like ch!t too most of the time..... Your choice.

Not buying a truck with painted steel bumpers is probably simpler, lol.

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My ram sport has a plastic front bumper. It's still chipped up but far less noticeable being black with black plastic. But when I wax it you can feel the roughness.

My cousin has a fx4 and carries touch up paint and paints his marks as soon as he sees them.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought a super duty platinum that has the painted front and rear bumpers and am wondering what is the best way to protect the paint on the bumper, i have a couple of buddies that have the denalis with the painted bumpers and they are chipping like crazy, it looks horrible is 3m the way to go?

Thanks Shawn

Lets see a pic of your platinum! Such a nice truck

Sent from a iPhone

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thanks Shawn

Line x extra (added clear coat) seems the best but very expensive... 3100 just for rocker panels and fender wells with matching after market fender flares... no bumpers... no idea how hard it would be to remove bumpers and have them done

being that Im getting older and cheaper... I priced out 3m and found out not all products are made the same... 3m according to it's competitors is much thinner... try the guy in St. Albert as suggested and see what he uses then google it... f150 600 just for front no bumper...

ill wait for winter to be over... can't loose my truck right now... in the meantime... there are a lot of posts and info on Plasti dip... it's cheap and thin but think it will help for now...

Last edited:
Top Bottom