22LR Ammo shortage

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that may be don. i have no way of knowing, again makes no difference to me. i'd be lucky to shoot 50 shells out of a 22 in a year. don't really have the need to shoot anymore. usually hit what i shoot at.

Like I said, many shoot for recreation. Some people think driving through mud wasting gas is a poor hobby, others think punching holes in paper with a firearm is a poor hobby. I enjoy both. Oh, and if you usually hit what you shoot at and only use 50 rounds a year, get a smaller target and move it back further.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I said, many shoot for recreation. Some people think driving through mud wasting gas is a poor hobby, others think punching holes in paper with a firearm is a poor hobby. I enjoy both. Oh, and if you usually hit what you shoot at and only use 50 rounds a year, get a smaller target and move it back further.

i like workin in close don. anyway, looks like the manufactures or retailers are going to be gainfully employed for a while. interesting stuff going on in the USof A. at least in the posts i browsed

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, shoulda bought stock. Link is a year old but nothing has changed.

ya very true. lots of times aguy wonders just what is driving the market. didn't realize people would be hoarding amo on a maybe law being passed. but then again i don't follow gun stuff.
even if a law where passed it would be a lot of years down the road before any noticeable affects would be seen. just to many crazies out there, the human mind is a mystery.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some day we'll find out what Larry's deep seeded fear is with firearms, but I doubt today will be the day.

hmm some day we may find out why you just can't let something go. you seem to thrive on intimidation why?

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Heard the law didn't pass

Can still buy selectable fire rifles and no change to mag capacity in the US.
Big waste of money to change nothing. Glad it their money and not ours

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good part is you guys will be getting fresh ammo, nothing sitting on shelves is left. never thought it would pass anywaybut at least it may calm down for a while

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good part is you guys will be getting fresh ammo, nothing sitting on shelves is left. never thought it would pass anywaybut at least it may calm down for a while

Lots on the shelf Larry, get it while its hot!!!!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are shutting down lots of .22lr production to make room for .223 production. Should shoot prices of .22 ammo up.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep about 2000 rounds on hand as there are three shooters in the house with two 10-22s, a box of 525 goes pretty quick. Oldest is getting more interested in the bigger calibers (likes the 6mm and eyeing up the 300 Ultra) so 22 shells should last a bit longer. Could not keep up to her emptying clips with the speed loaders on the 10-22.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not in my house, I'm still sitting on 12k of 22LR

holy crip! you waiting for a zombi take over? is the walmart box of 500 federal's still the best to buy? I use to burn through 500/day when in college... we'd all save up our dead and rotting fruit... freeze it and take it out into the bush... set out a huge tarp and plink away... was a good day! Roll up the tarp to clean up the mess. Never had to worry about shooting at bottles or leaving 10 000 empty 22 casing for everyone to get pissed at shooters for..

22's were cheap and fun to shoot... now looking at an sks for fun

in my 10/22 always like the federal ammo at walmart... nice crisp sound everything else varied so much

Last edited:

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As in what is it comparable to or the actual calibre? The actually calibre is .311

never heard of that... what would it be close to? .308? odviously military? Cheap ammo? The reason I ask is id like a bigger calibre cheap ammo gun... looking at SKS... seems like a fun little gun to shoot and rounds are cheap

Top Bottom