22LR Ammo shortage

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear of this shortage?? One of the sporting goods stores in lloydminster is saying there is a shortage of 22 long rifle shells???

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everytime 'Bama even thinks in his sleep about gun control the guys to the south of us go on a buying frenzy. Buy primers while you can as well.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whoops maybe we shouldn't have blasted off 500+ rounds this weekend lol well at least the kids had fun

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Can't see a shortage of .22. But I did buy every box of .556 that can tire had on their shelves a while back

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh great! another lune loading up on amo, will b overrun with varmits this year.

drd not real sure how ya come up with the connection of obama and no 22 shells.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there will be a shortage of all common ammunition this coming year. every dealer i talk to is have difficulty getting supplies. both of the firearms and ammo. anything U.S. based is affected the most due to the supposed new gun regs down south. causing a lot of hording. Plus the cost of ammunition has gone up approx 15% i have been told. Buy now or pay more later. thats alot of peoples thoughts, myself included

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there will be a shortage of all common ammunition this coming year. every dealer i talk to is have difficulty getting supplies. both of the firearms and ammo. anything U.S. based is affected the most due to the supposed new gun regs down south. causing a lot of hording. Plus the cost of ammunition has gone up approx 15% i have been told. Buy now or pay more later. thats alot of peoples thoughts, myself included

yes that i can understand, peoples fears, hoarding ammo, and buying as many guns as you can. guess people are fearing a zombie attack.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes saw that, at a sportshop, they only seemed to have zombie targets, must be coming in force. what ever happened to deer targets etc.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
new target marketing, getting the young crowd interested in shooting and sport shooting. gets kids away from nintendo and outside shooting real weapons. a lot of guns now will never shoot anything besides paper. lol

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh great! another lune loading up on amo, will b overrun with varmits this year.

drd not real sure how ya come up with the connection of obama and no 22 shells.

C'mon Larry go to google and type in Obama, hoarding and gun control. Happy reading.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon Larry go to google and type in Obama, hoarding and gun control. Happy reading.

not really that interested, in more gun lobby lingo. looks like fear mongers have done there thing. not sure why a guy needs 10,000 rounds for self defense.

i'm thinkin no one should be able to purchase any more than 2 rounds at any time(for self defense) and to get the next two rounds you need to bring in the old shells jkd don you can calm down.

people are like a herd of cows, can't really think for themselves just follow the leader, gun and weapon manufactures are having a big payday, the guys buying all this ammo are keeping the economy rolling, guess the money peeps in the usa are the real winners.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure why a guy needs 10,000 rounds for self defense.

Because If the time comes that need it there wont be any availble to buy. Any empty gun is as useful as a rock for self defense or for feeding your family.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
self defence has so many gray areas.. i have personally never heard a good story about anyone using a gun to protect themselves. resticted or non restricted. the victim becomes the criminal.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike, you are a jerk. lol and there is no way either one of us would win a pretty contest.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
C'mon Larry go to google and type in Obama, hoarding and gun control. Happy reading.[/QUOTE]

i took a look on google... lots of info there. good read

Top Bottom