2024 Polaris

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they dont need a 900 thats correct. Put an 850 against a 9R and the 850 will outperform it. if the could squeeze some more out of the 850 that could be neat for guys that still like to hang low and slow
Ya it would be cool for us. Id buy a NA freeride for several reason.

1 its less expensive, 2 less chit to go wrong. 3 i dont need a turbo for riding tight trees or jumping. Or going any where in revelstoke for that matter. Ive been places on a NA that 99% will.never ever see..

Might snow check a 154. Not decided yet.

Less thrilling im sure, but i can go buy.a turbo sled for 6 grand if i want to drag race or pull turbo wheelys all day...

Last edited:

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a G4 850T, Polaris Boost and Polaris 9R. Trying to sell the G4 and cant seem to give it away. The Boost is a 2022 and has given me zero issues. The 9R is without question my favorite sled to ride. The vast majority of riding we do is in the trees and instant response of the 9R makes it much easier and more predictable to ride. The G5 turbo is most the powerful sled on the market, but there are very few people out there that can fully utilize it (myself included). Most guys riding the Boost or the Skidoo T in the conditions we ride tend to play out sooner as trying herd the Turbo monsters through the tight trees is a pile of work. Each to their own, just my two cents.

bcjeepr

Reaction score
Looks like this year Polaris is placing their money into the RZR , trying to help their poor showing @ King of Hammers .

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing watching all the release videos how they can make new snow scratchers seem like a legit change🤣
They all get BNG this year including Yamaha.........which has no market share in the west any more.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7dmtij.jpg

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the new freeride. Thats what id get. But the polaris's are working good, when they work.

I dont think skidoo needs a 900, i think they could make a 850HO and that would be cool. Imo

I know everyone loves the turbos now, but there is a little bit of a weight penalty.

Not a ton, but noticable.
Doo doesn't need a 900 or 925 but from a marketing standpoint it would answer to the 9R.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they dont need a 900 thats correct. Put an 850 against a 9R and the 850 will outperform it. if the could squeeze some more out of the 850 that could be neat for guys that still like to hang low and slow
Wow you must have ried a very poorly set up 9R.. I rode a Lynx N/A this past weekend. The speed hit a wall and just wouldn't pull any more. Reminded me how the old 800 Polaris did the same thing.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya it would be cool for us. Id buy a NA freeride for several reason.

1 its less expensive, 2 less chit to go wrong. 3 i dont need a turbo for riding tight trees or jumping. Or going any where in revelstoke for that matter. Ive been places on a NA that 99% will.never ever see..

Might snow check a 154. Not decided yet.

Less thrilling im sure, but i can go buy.a turbo sled for 6 grand if i want to drag race or pull turbo wheelys all day...
I totally agree but you are going to get roasted from the "turbo or go home" crowd.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
I can honestly say that my ‘23 Boost has more power than I need. That being said, it would be cool to see both a Boost and a G5 Turbo put on the same dyno on the same day using the same parameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
done it, highest 172 boots g5 180 , that is why polaris wont say and ski doo will. If you think polaris is more than why would they not place it on the side of the sled. It does not mean the boost aint rad, but the numbers people are throwing around are just that...

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Wow you must have ried a very poorly set up 9R.. I rode a Lynx N/A this past weekend. The speed hit a wall and just wouldn't pull any more. Reminded me how the old 800 Polaris did the same thing.
9r is impressive for sure but comparing it against a heavier lynx is not comparing it against the ski doo summit x or expert 154 , and if the boost did not have a big bog/ lag then they would not have the need for the 9r, the ski doo turbo is so clean off the bottom its is like a N/A with more power and why would anyone one pay more for a N/A over the turbo...but polaris guys are doing it..

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
done it, highest 172 boots g5 180 , that is why polaris wont say and ski doo will. If you think polaris is more than why would they not place it on the side of the sled. It does not mean the boost aint rad, but the numbers people are throwing around are just that...
As so are these numbers........one will never know the truth

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like when the 800 etec was marketed as 160hp then the 850 was supposed to be 10% more and advertised as 165 hp! Who cares what the dyno says. Ride the sled that makes a person happy from the dealer that looks after their customers. I’m also not brand loyal to anyone currently own 2 doo’s and a poo. Have owned all brands everyone makes good sleds nowadays. Each have their strong points!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9r is impressive for sure but comparing it against a heavier lynx is not comparing it against the ski doo summit x or expert 154 , and if the boost did not have a big bog/ lag then they would not have the need for the 9r, the ski doo turbo is so clean off the bottom its is like a N/A with more power and why would anyone one pay more for a N/A over the turbo...but polaris guys are doing it..
A couple things. I was comparing the Lynx against my Khaos NA 850. The 9R does not cost not more than a turbo but is priced too high for the simpler design. This simple design is actually a good thing to many people and makes for a lighter sled too. As for the Doo turbo I rode one this past weekend that was very impressive off the bottom end while the other I had tried was not as impressive. Clutching differences I expect.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
9R is the funnest sled I’ve ever ridden and is also the most precise and predictable. At 66 years old I prefer NA even though there is no doubt when super deep and steep the Doo Turbo has a huge advantage.
It is rewarding when an old man occasionally gets his 9R where it’s a struggle for my doo Turbo friends.
Yes this ^^^^ and you feel good that it was maybe more of a rider accomplishment than just the sled doing it.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy is shopping and having a hard time finding a dealer with an allocation. Sounds like dealers are getting small allocation numbers and they are going quick.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy is shopping and having a hard time finding a dealer with an allocation. Sounds like dealers are getting small allocation numbers and they are going quick.
I guess that’s how poo feels safe to offer $$$ if snowcheck not shipped by November, cut back the allocations. My dealer has (had an hour ago) one boost and couple 9R’s left.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I missed the 2023 head to head dyno runs.
Where did this happen.
Last year in the head to head the Polaris ran at 197 hp on the Bikeman.
Are you saying it has lost 25hp from the 2022?
Would like to see this year's comparo, I like that stuff.
Same day same dyno - I actually missed this video for 2023.
Post a link please.

Top Bottom