2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can never wrap my head around this handling thing. The best handling sled is the one you spend the most time on. they all have tracks, skis, engines and two clutches. the rest is on the operator
The Catalyst handles like a sledgehammer with the weight on the ground and the handle up. Move it side to side and feel how easy it is to move. Now turn the sledgehammer upside down with the handle down and hang onto the steel part. Now move it make and forth. Which is easier? The catalyst has the lowest center of gravity of any production sled ever produced.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i can never wrap my head around this handling thing. The best handling sled is the one you spend the most time on. they all have tracks, skis, engines and two clutches. the rest is on the operator
Wow, you surprised me, that actually came from you.
Seat time out there and not on S&M is what makes an awesome backcountry rider. LOL. Some have natural talent others need to work harder but seat time will put anyone above others that ride little.
If you get a dozen mountain trips out of a season compared to a guy riding 40-50 trips or more you probably will not ride at the same level or agree on the same iron.
I agree, the best handling sleds are the ones you spend the most time on, the rest is either a crutch or compensator for the lack of.
2024 is a bad season, yet some of us have logged in more mountain rides this season then many on this forum do on a good seasons.
Too me a reflection on your chosen iron is mirrored by the seat time and directly effects your comfort zones and ability.
What one struggles to ride for what ever reason might be the simplest for a seasoned rider with seat time.
Todays sleds as good as they are, they are built for the the average rider weekend warrior, as much as most of you will not agree with that. You don't need a lot of seat time to look good.
ALL stockers have limitations, that limit depends on your skill level which is reflected by how much time you spend out there.

Now get out there and shred

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With that mentality and the doo having this amazing power. Might as well ask why everyone’s not on sidewinders?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1710198556247.png

Ya if you cant ride 100+ days a year just give up. Fnk eh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right.
lol gross weight is still a factor.
Right. And the margin between say a g4 turbo 165” doo and a winder is about the same as a bare bones 858.
Should be a lot of fun.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if any of these 858's will race at Jackson Hole

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seat time out there and not on S&M is what makes an awesome backcountry rider. LOL. Some have natural talent others need to work harder but seat time will put anyone above others that ride little.
If you get a dozen mountain trips out of a season compared to a guy riding 40-50 trips or more you probably will not ride at the same level or agree on the same iron.
I agree, the best handling sleds are the ones you spend the most time on, the rest is either a crutch or compensator for the lack of.
2024 is a bad season, yet some of us have logged in more mountain rides this season then many on this forum do on a good seasons.
Too me a reflection on your chosen iron is mirrored by the seat time and directly effects your comfort zones and ability.
What one struggles to ride for what ever reason might be the simplest for a seasoned rider with seat time.
Todays sleds as good as they are, they are built for the the average rider weekend warrior, as much as most of you will not agree with that. You don't need a lot of seat time to look good.
ALL stockers have limitations, that limit depends on your skill level which is reflected by how much time you spend out there.

Any who i find this post pretty funny....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So doo and cat can have a pitty party together when Keith take Poo to the Podium

poo definitely cleans up pretty good but there will be doos in the top 3. Just last week a young fella from dawson creek BC whos father just happens to be on this site took out keith curtis in 900 stock on his Doo.

But yea, not much touching keith and the thomas boys.

Cat has the irmans which rip but jeeze i used to beat them and i couldnt touch keith in my lifetime.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

WOW, for the first time in 10 years i think i whole heartedly 100% agree :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom