2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s a repair bill on a turbo and engine compared to N/A sled? When the warranty is gone no one wants a used 2 stroke turbo. The catalyst will have a much higher resale value potentially. If it’s not a turd. lol.

Engine is the same repair bill as a NA.
If the turbo blows which hasn’t been really seen yet, it may take out the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its more likely engine debris damaging the turbine wheel

Very rare, and I know of a few turbos thats blew the engine this winter due to a aftermarket pipe, the turbos were fine.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember the old days (2015 xm ) hmmm should I do a top end. It’s got 5000kms. Now a days the motor lets you know ahead of time or the chaincase or the clutches let you know. Seems like everything is junk.

So far the 850 NA and Turbo have been just as good to me as the old XM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$26,748 before freight
That's gonna be a hard sell for Cat.
Agree, but add the large gauge, freight and PDI and a reasonable front bumper and you are closer to $28,500. Still makes the Turbo much more attractive for sure. The Cat is about $2 grand more than a 2024 Doo NA, so add a little to that for the 2025 model, and the Cat is still probably $1500 more? I guess they will see if there is a market or not. My dealer thinks they won't get all the ones they ordered.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Looks like turbo power without the price tag…

Really, didn't look like it, guy was standing on the back edge of the boards making his skis stick in the air, I can do that on a et340, and a turbo being Skidoo or Poo would kill that hill in that low snow, straight up..

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I do see a fair amount of used 850 doos with new motors…everyone seems to be scared to run one off warranty. Not saying they are all terrible but the newer sleds tend to fail more often.

If I bought a new sled it would be a a 24 turbo doo from what I see right at this moment.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Used to have to build mods because the factory wasn’t supplying what you wanted. Now it’s because you don’t want to afford what there offering. No wonder there’s so many part outs lately. Makes it easy to with the 10 year bulkhead change outs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

When you trade them off before 2000km how can it be bad,other than for the bank account
Not that wrecked weekends helicopter bills or bak40 is cheap or easy on the head either.
I keep telling the wife I need a bigger sled budget. Keep getting told to make more money.

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Remember the old days (2015 xm ) hmmm should I do a top end. It’s got 5000kms. Now a days the motor lets you know ahead of time or the chaincase or the clutches let you know. Seems like everything is junk.

Hmmmm weird I do recall some people picking on my turbo “xm”expert in the beginning of this thread . It’s a solid and reliable sled lol. I am impressed at where iwaschuck is riding the 600. Still think the running boards are retarded.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, but add the large gauge, freight and PDI and a reasonable front bumper and you are closer to $28,500. Still makes the Turbo much more attractive for sure. The Cat is about $2 grand more than a 2024 Doo NA, so add a little to that for the 2025 model, and the Cat is still probably $1500 more? I guess they will see if there is a market or not. My dealer thinks they won't get all the ones they ordered.
That was with the big gauge, add another $300 for a heavier bumper. Non turbo is $4k cheaper. What was frieght and PDI this year $1800?

I'm sure the cat will rip, they always have, but they ain't gonna rip as hard as a turbo and cat is gonna charge basically the same price ??

Don't think it's going to work well for them.

Top Bottom