2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the Catalyst 858 turbo when it comes out be the first $30,000 snowmobile? I have to think it will be close to that. With pricing on these new sleds one has to wonder how many people will start renting instead of buying new. Especially if you don’t get out a ton every year.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will the Catalyst 858 turbo when it comes out be the first $30,000 snowmobile? I have to think it will be close to that. With pricing on these new sleds one has to wonder how many people will start renting instead of buying new. Especially if you don’t get out a ton every year.
It might be pretty close fully loaded out. You can grab a base 858 for under 20k otd if you dont need a gauge and want to upgrade your suspension on your own.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7694.jpeg
IMG_7692.jpeg
Ended up snowchecking the green 165. The qs5 shocks look they are worth the upgrade. And a 165 on the 154 was going to look a little ridiculous. The tunnel is very short already. The price is what it is. Some dealers are charging over MSRP. Wetaskiwin is not.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate the look of that mono rail. The shocks n'chit look very exposed to me. All the single shear points too..

The center shock is only supported on one side of the bolt....

Shocks look nice though. I like the anodizing

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate the look of that mono rail. The shocks n'chit look very exposed to me. All the single shear points too..

The center shock is only supported on one side of the bolt....

Shocks look nice though. I like the anodizing
Well, this is year 7......

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, and lots of guys don't.

I know ive heard you say many times you love the mono rail and never break them. Thats great grandpa. Haha. Jk

To me they look weak though and i wouldnt get one for that reason.

Other then that looks like a good unit.

Hopefully thr clutchs dont explode like polaris and they have a winner

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ship has sailed…
I know of some guys who turbo R were OTD over $30

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I rode a new turbo G5 last weekend, I really thought I was going to love it but it was just ok for me. The extra weight is noticeable compared to the boost but the bottom end is better and the power comes on smooth. I will be grabbing a catalyst as soon as they put a turbo in it but thought for next season I would grab a G5, dont think I will though. I can always roll the dice on a boost but that seems risky. Might be spending another season on the sidewinder.
The way there pricing these currently, if a turbo does come out it will be $30-32 K

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That ship has sailed…
I know of some guys who turbo R were OTD over $30
That’s gotta be with a bunch of accessories. AE has a 2024 expert turbo 165 with big screen at $25424 plus tax MSRP

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s gotta be with a bunch of accessories. AE has a 2024 expert turbo 165 with big screen at $25424 plus tax MSRP
That include freight and PDI? Also I think some dealers were charging over MSRP on backed out of snowchecks. Add a skidplate, jug of oil, spare belt and BC or Sask tax and that's a $30k sled in the back of your truck.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
When I got my 23 after getting the second key, extra belt, extra parts( top vent covers,side panel), cover, better grips, case of oil, GST, that works out to 30K or just shy of that. I don't think anyone walks away paying what advertised prices, theres always a catch. Like those sleds at spectra, the warrantee is 1 year.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think manufacturers might becoming to the realization that covid pricing is done, and not only in the sled market. But you have 2023 Boosts and 9Rs being blown out, 2024s still on the floor as well and about to release 2025s for snow check. Doo isnt doing much better with 2024s still on the floor at a lot of dealers.

Between snow conditions not being great the last couple years and cost of general living going through the roof people are reevaluating choices and hobbies.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same. Was hoping they'd be under the 20k mark.

At those prices. I feel I'm better off switching brands and joining the rest of my group on turbo doos
One good thing. This winter sucks so bad my turbo doo is actually really reliable. In fact, I haven’t even hardly used any oil this season. In my garage lol.

Top Bottom