2023 snowchecks

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2023 boost have a new mapping and revised clutching. I order to try and get some more response, they have gone to a 14-76 weight instead of the 14-78. Still using the 165-310 primary spring.
The secondary is now a Straight 46 instead of the 64-44-40. secondary spring is still the 160/240. With the 46S and only a 240lb final spring rate, there will be belt slippage for sure.
I get to try your clutch kit on my NA 850 2022 in a couple days.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy put the 23 mapping in his 22 boost and it’s awful. DET all day long. They leaned it out too much. That motor won’t live long.
I have had the 23 mapping in my 22 Boost for 600km with no issues. Changed it the same time as clutching so not sure how much of the improvement can be attributed to the clutching and how much to the mapping, but the sled is more responsive, has less of the mid range burble and pulls harder on the top.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Boost today and put 20 miles on in the yard. First turbo for me. Going to be interesting. It certainly has a lot more get up and go. First trip to the hills soon. Need to get out of break in to really see the difference.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had the 23 mapping in my 22 Boost for 600km with no issues. Changed it the same time as clutching so not sure how much of the improvement can be attributed to the clutching and how much to the mapping, but the sled is more responsive, has less of the mid range burble and pulls harder on the top.
I should just add that this DET issue is on really long pulls and may be related to not having an intercooler. Charge temps getting too high. Adding a gallon of race gas to the tank seemed to help.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helped a bit but that engine didn’t last long. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did he get the brake flash done at the same time? Some say that flash messes up the exhaust valves and they need relearning. Any chance this was the cause, because the dealer did not do the relearn for the valves?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did he get the brake flash done at the same time? Some say that flash messes up the exhaust valves and they need relearning. Any chance this was the cause, because the dealer did not do the relearn for the valves?
No because he added race gas and the DET went away. So nothing to do with exhaust valves.

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many peeps have sno joke checked and still have not received there sled yet ? But have been in to there dealer and have seen any where from 4 to 8 2023 sleds on the floor with no owners ?
I’m just wondering ?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many peeps have sno joke checked and still have not received there sled yet ? But have been in to there dealer and have seen any where from 4 to 8 2023 sleds on the floor with no owners ?
I’m just wondering ?
I know of 5 of them . 3-9R and 2 turbo sleds. the 2 brothers that have 9R's on order kept their 2022's are are still riding. The guy that has 2 turbo and 1-9R on order sold all of his 2022's so is really pissed about now

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I get to try your clutch kit on my NA 850 2022 in a couple days.

I put the clutch kit, Kurt's gear down, Lynx track and the Boost is singing the small tune.
Totally different machine after Ben's mods, like really totally rips now.
Ben's mods work!
I'd say a G4 killer, did not find any G5 at Gorman to test with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom