2023 snowchecks

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts on the Polaris snowchecks. My sled is a 2021 RMK so I am back to thinking its maybe time to snowcheck a new one. My buddy was in Lethbridge yesterday and that dealer has 3 sleds that are similar to what my buddy ordered last March but yet to receive his. Total CRAP!!!. Back in the day snowchecks were sent to the dealers FIRST NOT LAST.... I feel the dealers should not get their floor models until at least the snowchecks are built and on a truck to the dealers. I remember my first snowcheck came in August and the dealer in the pass wanted me to come pick it up. I know lots guys that are still waitng for their Polaris snowchecks. Everything gets blamed on covid including the price increases. Even though the conditions are not that great there has been some excellent days out there. anyways I will quit my whining and go grab a coffee.

But are they 'exactly' the same sled, sitting on the floor compared to what he ordered? I think Polaris would tell you (whether it's true or not) that they ran out of the parts to build your buddy's snowcheck, so they kept building sleds they could build. It might be as minor as the color of the spindle or rail.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been calling around while waiting for my boost to show up and there are no khaos boosts or 9r khaos available yet that I could find . Easy to find a rmk boost or 9r with 7s . Lots of back outs on checks. Too me it looks like they were waiting on parts too finish these builds and were stalling with the brake stop ride bs . Going to wait it out for what I ordered and ride the back up

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But are they 'exactly' the same sled, sitting on the floor compared to what he ordered? I think Polaris would tell you (whether it's true or not) that they ran out of the parts to build your buddy's snowcheck, so they kept building sleds they could build. It might be as minor as the color of the spindle or rail.
He said the only difference was the colours. Even had the larger screen. He kept his 22 so can still ride but the longer his 23 is the less is 22 is worth come trade in.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He said the only difference was the colours. Even had the larger screen. He kept his 22 so can still ride but the longer his 23 is the less is 22 is worth come trade in.
he ordered a 9r khaos with the larger screen

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the 7s screen. It’s a game changer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The buddy tracking is a great feature. It should be on every sled that has a GPS built in, and able to talk to other devices that have the same feature. Polaris nailed the placement of the gauge as well, as its easy to look at while moving. We have converted most of our doo buddy's to running the Trail Tech. Nice thing about it is, you can move it to your other toys in the off season.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The buddy tracking is a great feature. It should be on every sled that has a GPS built in, and able to talk to other devices that have the same feature. Polaris nailed the placement of the gauge as well, as its easy to look at while moving. We have converted most of our doo buddy's to running the Trail Tech. Nice thing about it is, you can move it to your other toys in the off season.
Using it last season in socked in weather or finding other riders was a game changer for me. All my maps stored easily and automatically come back up when returning to same area . Easy to see while riding is a huge plus

Flat

Reaction score
Khaos 155 boost with 7s. Black with green rails and spindles arrived in regina this morning. Buddies 165 khaos landed in cochrane yesterday.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy put the 23 mapping in his 22 boost and it’s awful. DET all day long. They leaned it out too much. That motor won’t live long.

Flat

Reaction score
My buddy put the 23 mapping in his 22 boost and it’s awful. DET all day long. They leaned it out too much. That motor won’t live long.
Is the fuel pump different from 22 to 23? or whats causing it to be lean?

Flat

Reaction score
Reflash on the ECM. They just took out too much fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i understand it was a reflash on the ecm, but its the factory mapping on the 23s that was put in the 22 the way i understand your post. so are you implying that all 23s are running lean and have DET problems?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i understand it was a reflash on the ecm, but its the factory mapping on the 23s that was put in the 22 the way i understand your post. so are you implying that all 23s are running lean and have DET problems?

I have not seen a 2023 boost yet. I hope it’s better because if not, people will be disappointed.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not seen a 2023 boost yet. I hope it’s better because if not, people will be disappointed.

Hope you are wrong Johnny because I’m about to pick up my boost and I sure won’t be happy if it blows while I’m way back somewhere.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We will probably never know the real reason for delay. I for one will be sitting on the sideline during snow check for a few years and watching. It’s completely wrong that the customers committing up front and buying the most expensive machines receive them last. Polaris used to have the best program but no more. Poor dealers are going to be the unlucky ones.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And again at 8000ft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1673995930242.png

Oh how times change!! LOL

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The 2023 boost have a new mapping and revised clutching. I order to try and get some more response, they have gone to a 14-76 weight instead of the 14-78. Still using the 165-310 primary spring.
The secondary is now a Straight 46 instead of the 64-44-40. secondary spring is still the 160/240. With the 46S and only a 240lb final spring rate, there will be belt slippage for sure.

Top Bottom