Reaction score
Just imagine if all this heavy rain in the past 2 days was snow:unsure::unsure:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
So what your saying is fernie is hooped for the rest of 2023 at the very least
I remember almost this exact set up 20 years ago. Snowed almost a meter in a day and a half then the old Pineapple Express rolled in and dumped 80mm rain. I remember just trying to get up morisey was brutal. All the creek crossings washed out cause the culverts froze over. This was also early December. That was the worst winter I can remember. The ski hill barely broke a 100cm base that year. They were trimming alders on the runs in February to keep things open. Hope that doesn’t happen again. That was the 03/04 season because I was super stoked I just got my first brand new sled. A 151 800 rev.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember almost this exact set up 20 years ago. Snowed almost a meter in a day and a half then the old Pineapple Express rolled in and dumped 80mm rain. I remember just trying to get up morisey was brutal. All the creek crossings washed out cause the culverts froze over. This was also early December. That was the worst winter I can remember. The ski hill barely broke a 100cm base that year. They were trimming alders on the runs in February to keep things open. Hope that doesn’t happen again. That was the 03/04 season because I was super stoked I just got my first brand new sled. A 151 809 rev.
I remember that well.. Was up at the rolling hills cabin and was soaked to the bone. Buddy from Fort McMurray was down for 5 days of riding. First morning out and within hours went home and never went out after that for weeks

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the latest.... Rained hard all day in Fernie, started snowing tons in Sparwood about 11 AM and is still lightly snowing now. I assume snowing hard in Elkford. Lots of accidents and RCMP is saying don't travel unless you have to.

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Planning to head to Elkford or St Mary's this weekend.. If Elkford is not good, not much road riding or ditchbanging to do.. St' Mary's miles of trails and bowls if the snow is not good. Decisions Decisions...

poysatron

Reaction score
Planning to head to Elkford or St Mary's this weekend.. If Elkford is not good, not much road riding or ditchbanging to do.. St' Mary's miles of trails and bowls if the snow is not good. Decisions Decisions...
Where is this St. Mary’s? I’m looking for a day trip on the 20th. So would like to check out some newer areas…and don’t worry I ride one day a year if that so I won’t be pounding out any secret spots. Lol

Got Juice?

Reaction score
Where is this St. Mary’s? I’m looking for a day trip on the 20th. So would like to check out some newer areas…and don’t worry I ride one day a year if that so I won’t be pounding out any secret spots. Lol
St Mary’s lake. Kimberley BC area.
Usually we head down the lake road to K49 and suit up. Some good areas to explore. Although with the rain and snow we will be looking out for any terrain of high consequence and digging a couple pits.

Top Bottom