2022-2023-Mcbride conditions and updates

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Looking on WeatherCAN app the snowfall for mcbride or Valemount is very low. With some sun in between. (Env Canada) very sparse up there for this time of the year. I'll speak to local friends tonight but not looking like it's worth the $$ to drive there to risk rocks and possibly damage to sleds. Maybe book for 2 weeks from now, and cross the fingers.
WeatherCAN app. Way better than the genarac app that's on the iPhone. US based weather app.
https://www.canada.ca/en/environmen...ather-general-tools-resources/weathercan.html

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Looking on WeatherCAN app the snowfall for mcbride or Valemount is very low. With some sun in between. (Env Canada) very sparse up there for this time of the year. I'll speak to local friends tonight but not looking like it's worth the $$ to drive there to risk rocks and possibly damage to sleds. Maybe book for 2 weeks from now, and cross the fingers.
it's the bung bung weekend Ron, most the people attending probably won't be venturing far from the Lucille Cabin.

Ewaschuk

Reaction score
Well when I woke up this morning i was worried about the rain messing up whatever snow there was but boy was I wrong. Definitely got a dump last night up belle. Didn’t take too many photos. There are still land mines out there but it’s early season riding. Some carnage out there but for the most part everyone came out with sleds intact. This is going to be the nice start to a good base…minus the crusty layer that will cause problems down the road

Attachments

• CEEE50CD-E06E-4B8F-A91B-9B6DAA0997C1.jpeg
    CEEE50CD-E06E-4B8F-A91B-9B6DAA0997C1.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 334
  • A0EE31AB-81A0-4D79-9EEA-89CD53FFA9B1.jpeg
    A0EE31AB-81A0-4D79-9EEA-89CD53FFA9B1.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 328

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up Lucille yesterday, def hit some rocks coming up the trail till about the bridge.

No base up top but lots of sugar

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up Lucille yesterday, def hit some rocks coming up the trail till about the bridge.

No base up top but lots of sugar

Sugar? So their approximately 4ft of rotten snow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a solid foot in the Belle parking lot, was up there this afternoon.

Did you probe? Any reports yet from renshaw after the snow this week? We went to revy this week but were almost gonna come to Mcbride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryson

Reaction score
Any updates guys? Renshaw? Heading up Monday. Well if it’s worth it I guess. 9hours.

Top Bottom