2021 Boating pics and vids!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good vid, coyote does build nice boats.

Yah because they’re a copy of Bratt lol. The worst part about them is the guys selling and dealer ship selling, they talk sh!t on Facebook and in real life. Then when Chris says they there’s to much body role and should be an 8 deg they block him. But it was ok for them to talk ch!t about our sport jets and our boats at the launch that same weekend.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm wasn’t aware coyote had a hater following, wasn't Bratt started by the owner of coyote? Was thinking Bratt didn’t make a 10, only 8 or 12 from a bit of reading.

Who’s Chris, does he build boats?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm wasn’t aware coyote had a hater following, wasn't Bratt started by the owner of coyote? Was thinking Bratt didn’t make a 10, only 8 or 12 from a bit of reading.

Who’s Chris, does he build boats?

I wouldn’t say a hater following. I think the 2 companies share stuff for sure and honestly don’t know. Both nice boats. Chris is Chrisco on here he doesn’t build boats just said that on a post. Didn’t mean it negatively just made an observation.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They got some neat futures like the drop bow that also has a bow hatch.
But I hate the premium price and they only come with the American turbine and no pump protection bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe, Just Maybe... he had a few whiskeys and got on the internet? lol

I don't hate any brand, they're all a bit different and that's good.

Coyote has been involved in the racing stuff too. Very innovative, but we still seem to keep the Eagle tunnels at the front most of the time.

Lots of history in aluminum Jet boating

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe, Just Maybe... he had a few whiskeys and got on the internet? lol

I don't hate any brand, they're all a bit different and that's good.

Coyote has been involved in the racing stuff too. Very innovative, but we still seem to keep the Eagle tunnels at the front most of the time.

Lots of history in aluminum Jet boating

I think the whiskey might have something to do with it lol.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, tonight I saw a newer orange coyote coming up 50st from the launch… it’s got old Alberta special style with a Bratt mix for sure. I was thinking new boats could afford to be a bit more simple. The SBC or LS and 309 in a 19’ 12 degree boat or whatever it is would be fine for most.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, tonight I saw a newer orange coyote coming up 50st from the launch… it’s got old Alberta special style with a Bratt mix for sure. I was thinking new boats could afford to be a bit more simple. The SBC or LS and 309 in a 19’ 12 degree boat or whatever it is would be fine for most.

For 90% of people 10deg and 309 is perfect. Will run shallow and a 309 is a good pump. They really like that eco boost.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I remember when Ali craft was top dog lol

Still inbthe game though just not as flashy or have a cult following haha
They've been at it longer than most. I used to drive past their shop twice a day when I lived in PG and drooled over those boats once they started putting paint on them lol

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the former designer from Brattjet went out on his own and started Coyote. That's why the Coyotes look like Bratts older models. It seems Bratt released the Timberwolf at about this time too, which don't look a whole lot like their previous boats, which would also support that they found someone else to design their boats.

The jet boat world seems to be pretty small, and if I've got the story straight both Brattjet and Firefish were founded by former employees of Outlaw/Eagle.

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s a gentleman in Whitecourt putting out a page with some real history of the boat builders and who did what, where…

I’ve seen a rough draft in email… it would clear a lot of this up lol.

Anyways, I’ve pushed the transom of many boats and hated them all at one time

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1660595581796.jpeg

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stumbled across some old footage... friends and family went up the Heart from Peace River a bunch of years ago... the boat didn't fare well.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I guess hey? what a donkey lol

There's 5-6 videos on that channel of that trip, just various stops along the way though... been a while since I watched 'em, just got excited by the video above lol

If you know that river, its normally like a creek.

Top Bottom