2020-2021-Mcbride conditions and updates

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Shoulder is healing Ron! Heading home Thursday, 12 days being the groomer bitch is enough!! No reports from today only 23 up but never spoke with anyone!

Without any alcoholic beverages either, I remember getting my shoulder surgery 2 days before our summer ATV jamboree, while everyone is drinking and I'm the sober one. Guess you can keep Rod company and keep him awake, been on the Renshaw groomer with Welpton.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
B72B2B2B-0403-4647-8C86-1374F406CF28.jpg Went to Lucille this afternoon for look was about 6 inch on a hard base little more in spots.
it hasn’t started snowing yet. Hopefully tonight

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s dumping there good now and a good storm hitting today. Is anyone riding tomorrow??

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one know anything further on this.
Hoping its all good. And everyone comes out okay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-075148_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324-075148_Facebook.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 315

tyman212

Reaction score
One of the guys is my cousin. I’m thinking of making the 6 hr drive to go help look for them, if one of my riding buddy’s can come with.

Reactions: RXN

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yes, Search and Rescue has been deployed and has there Valemount crew coming to assist. Local S&R is just mobilizing and heading up now, there hoping for the best. Its been pretty cloudy and snowing in the alpine, so hopefully they just got into an area and stayed the night. Keep you posted.

Currently snowing up top and socked in so no chopper, on sleds. Barry, Rod and rest of the crew know every corner of renshaw, and will find the crew.

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
One of the guys is my cousin. I’m thinking of making the 6 hr drive to go help look for them, if one of my riding buddy’s can come with.
As hard as it is. Leave the search to the experts. They have the best in the area on the search. They will be located.

tyman212

Reaction score
As hard as it is. Leave the search to the experts. They have the best in the area on the search. They will be located.

Ya, there’s too many things to straighten out here so we could leave. So wouldn’t get there till late afternoon. And then I don’t know renshaw that well. So I’m sure it’s best to leave it the pros.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya, there’s too many things to straighten out here so we could leave. So wouldn’t get there till late afternoon. And then I don’t know renshaw that well. So I’m sure it’s best to leave it the pros.

Unfortunately, for your mental state, it's going to be very hard day..... but that is the best bet, there's no need for 2 groups of lost people out there.

Barry & Rod are the best in the area, they have a great team and know Renshaw as well as you know your own house layout. They will find them.

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to this crew in the morning parked besides us We seen those guys going down the Drop of Doom around noon. The weather was getting really socked in. Hopefully they just got stuck in there.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope these people are found safe.

So many issues like this could be minimized if more people had a SPOT / Inreach / zolo / sat phone.

A quick message to family to let them know what the situation is would minimize a massive search effort, and a ton of worry.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good luck too everyone involved , hope they find them quick and safe!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question

For searching for lost riders im assuming Renshaw is shut down to the public until they are found?

Or does it stay open?

Not meaning any disrespect by this I'm just curious. As it is a large area for a small group of SAR to cover.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, for your mental state, it's going to be very hard day..... but that is the best bet, there's no need for 2 groups of lost people out there.

Barry & Rod are the best in the area, they have a great team and know Renshaw as well as you know your own house layout. They will find them.

Well said. Hopefully these guys got turned around in the weather.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a question

For searching for lost riders im assuming Renshaw is shut down to the public until they are found?

Or does it stay open?

Not meaning any disrespect by this I'm just curious. As it is a large area for a small group of SAR to cover.
In sicamous they close it down, especially if there goihg to use the chopper to look

Don't need fresh tracks all around and from regular Joe's

Now on the other hand, 6 years ago revy should have let guys in too look for Travis on day 2 ( although I'm sure he was passed already), cause we would have found him, rather that using the chopper and the recoka beacon ( think that's what it's called), but they closed it down for 4 days

• Thanks
Top Bottom