2016 Polaris AXYS RMK long track

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point you make. I have made it back to the trailer on a tweaked 'A' arm. Even rode for an hour before heading back until I got tired of wrestling my Dragon on lefty side hills.
Cast, albeit stronger, once broken is NFG. Almost need a split kit to get home. And there may be a bunch more damage to the rest of the frame if the hit is hard enough to break the A arms.
im wondering the same thing, cast will crack, at least with metal you have a chance to bend or pull it out.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And since they are, or should be stronger to begin with should be less prone to getting tweaked. Should take much more of an impact to cause a total failure.

I wonder if it will finally get a new drive shaft???

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious on the driveshaft as well. they are talking 7 tooth drivers so is that saying they have finally switched to extraverts also?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any word on when well get to see them at dealers?
Or will it just be March when snowcheck time comes around?

Vance, a bit of a offtopic but real quick did you modify your stirrups at all?...I ran a crap load of tyraps from the top bar down to the last rung on the boards as a temp fix

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any word on when well get to see them at dealers?
Or will it just be March when snowcheck time comes around?

Vance, a bit of a offtopic but real quick did you modify your stirrups at all?...I ran a crap load of tyraps from the top bar down to the last rung on the boards as a temp fix

ive done nothing to modify them. what are the tyraps for ? got a pic?

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am curious on the driveshaft as well. they are talking 7 tooth drivers so is that saying they have finally switched to extraverts also?

in the video they look to be the same style driver but 7 tooth should make room for a 3 inch lug maybe. im not sure

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive done nothing to modify them. what are the tyraps for ? got a pic?

Preventing a boot from getting stuck in the event of an expedited driver disembarkment type situation.

Sasquatch types in particular have that as a complaint against Polaris. Busted ankle or knee cuz the boot can't slide back or out due to the nice sharp new boards they got and they get dragged along.

Really doesn't look like it's changed on the new sled.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never had a issue so far and i have big boots. But i also dont ride with my feet in there unless im on the trail.

Where do the tie raps go exactly? Got pics ?

VanceM

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's really no reason to bash, progression of the sleds is what takes us all that much higher or further into the back country, it's polaris'a turn to show what they got, then another brand will get its chance, there will probably be some minor issues with bringing in all this new stuff but that's just the way it goes, everyone should just be stoked that sled company's and trying to build the ultimate sled, in 10 years are "Top of the line" sleds will be junk compared to what they will have then

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not a mountain rider guys and probably never will afford to have a new machine again, but a light snowmobile is good,but doesnt it effect strength of the chassis for you guys that like to jump? just wondering. my old 92 Indy SKS had 16,000 miles on original motor and chassis . , have seen 500 indy Rentals from Yellowstone with over 20,000 . these newer sleds seem to last about 3000 and the motors are done? why is that.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New ones are built for performance, not longevity. And if everyone got 16000 miles out of a machine, that would be bad for business.

How people operate them is much to due with premature failure in the new ones. Mind you, your experience is likely not one of the norm either.... no offence.

If my stuff last as long as yours I don't feel as though I'd be enjoying it to it's fullest potential.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not a mountain rider guys and probably never will afford to have a new machine again, but a light snowmobile is good,but doesnt it effect strength of the chassis for you guys that like to jump? just wondering. my old 92 Indy SKS had 16,000 miles on original motor and chassis . , have seen 500 indy Rentals from Yellowstone with over 20,000 . these newer sleds seem to last about 3000 and the motors are done? why is that.

I think there are two reasons for this,

1. The manufacturers are pushing the limits of what these motors can do. They have very tight tolerances and run at very high rpms to achieve this.
2. Mountain riding is very hard on equipment. The motors are always under high load. I believe the trail sleds (same motors) get much higher mileage.

westhawk39

Reaction score
New ones are built for performance, not longevity. And if everyone got 16000 miles out of a machine, that would be bad for business.

How people operate them is much to due with premature failure in the new ones. Mind you, your experience is likely not one of the norm either.... no offence.

If my stuff last as long as yours I don't feel as though I'd be enjoying it to it's fullest potential.

I agree 100%. Something to do with personality but going all out is what makes this sport so enjoyable. Things do break in the process. My side panels are usually in rough shape and there's branches sticking out of the vents. This disregard allows me to go into places that many of my riding buddies wouldn't think about.

You read about areas where speed Limits on trails are controlled by radar (and are 1/2 the safe limit) and wonder how it's any different than driving your car down the highway

Last edited:

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neil at boost-it has had the axys turboed all winter. Given it does have a different tunnel and track. But my point being, the new engine been under boost and it's holding up. That's great news for us guys who can't keep anything stock.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are two reasons for this,

1. The manufacturers are pushing the limits of what these motors can do. They have very tight tolerances and run at very high rpms to achieve this.
2. Mountain riding is very hard on equipment. The motors are always under high load. I believe the trail sleds (same motors) get much higher mileage.

id like to see a warm up mode/timer like ski doo has. the new T-stat bypass is now on this new sled which helps prevent cold seizures. 40% faster warm up time will add to any motors longevity.

Top Bottom