2015... 174 1000ci three inch skidoo....

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in edmonton the 163 x model sells 2 to 1 compared to the 154 so I would say there will be a good market for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

A 163 I can understand. I just do not see the need or demand for a 174. I have tried them. I see how they perform.

But hey, there isn't really a need for an f450 with 37's and cool coal rolling stacks but there is certainly a demand.

I guess my opinion wouldn't count much haha.

sent from a top secret location

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the 174 3" was BS. Looks like I was wrong. Still waiting for the 1000 cubic inch engine though lol.

I'm actually digging the Freeride colours this year. And hey, I can still get a 154!

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if you can get a 163"x3" as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if you can get a 163"x3" as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it will be interesting forsure. if they kept the stock driver size they either had to roll the clutch or extend the chaincase. i cant see them offering 2 differnt chassis variations for cost and efficiency reasons so the 3" will either be available for all summit track lengths..........or 174/163 and the rest will all have extra driver clearance?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to see the KYB 40's on the summit X, Then Id definatly buy one. #1 request from me...lol

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess. But who the really needs a 174. The only one I have ridden handled horrible in the trees - that is another foot of track to get around. As my riding has gotten better - I have actually gone down in track length back to a 154. But to each his own I guess.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assure you skidoo would not release this sled if it didn't handle we'll like the 163. I have ridden some 174s aswell but none in an xm with tmotion and flex edge. Ya they were boats. This sled will not be.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean..174. is a 3 pitch. If they wanted to use the same drivers, they would have to use a 156. All they probably are going to do is use a 7 tooth 3.00 pitch driver for this app.

What do you mean roll the clutch?? Doesn't it roll (or spin)already? LOL

it will be interesting forsure. if they kept the stock driver size they either had to roll the clutch or extend the chaincase. i cant see them offering 2 differnt chassis variations for cost and efficiency reasons so the 3" will either be available for all summit track lengths..........or 174/163 and the rest will all have extra driver clearance?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to see the KYB 40's on the summit X, Then Id definatly buy one. #1 request from me...lol

Definitely. Suspension is what makes the Freeride that much more intriguing.....

Think the customer is better off buying a X or SP and putting Raptors on it.

The performance of Raptors vs KYB 40s is debatable....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean..174. is a 3 pitch. If they wanted to use the same drivers, they would have to use a 156. All they probably are going to do is use a 7 tooth 3.00 pitch driver for this app.

What do you mean roll the clutch?? Doesn't it roll (or spin)already? LOL

Sorry I mean drop the secondary clutch down to allow the chain case to move down. And I doubt they will be using 7 tooth 3 pitch tracks an drivers. They will make the space so they can utilize the same drivers across all models. Without bending that track over such small drivers. My guess is 2.86 across the board. Remember skidoo has camoplast make whatever they want. This will not look like a camo x3 track and it will be flex edge. Just making guesses here lol....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I mean drop the secondary clutch down to allow the chain case to move down. And I doubt they will be using 7 tooth 3 pitch tracks an drivers. They will make the space so they can utilize the same drivers across all models. Without bending that track over such small drivers. My guess is 2.86 across the board. Remember skidoo has camoplast make whatever they want. This will not look like a camo x3 track and it will be flex edge. Just making guesses here lol....

But educated guesses, right? Lol.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score

One of the reasons for a 3 inch pitch is to get the weight lower by having less lugs and less clips.
We have been using those small drivers on 3 inch tracks for years and have not had an issue. It's also a good way to gear the sled down without running really low gear ratios.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2.86 x 61 = 174.46.. hmmm maybe but I would put money on the 3.0 pitch...

It would be more cost effective for doo to use different drivers instead of paying Camoplast to re-design the track moulds. for what.. one application?. The smaller the pitch, the heavier the track remember..

But educated guesses, right? Lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons for a 3 inch pitch is to get the weight lower by having less lugs and less clips.
We have been using those small drivers on 3 inch tracks for years and have not had an issue. It's also a good way to gear the sled down without running really low gear ratios.

True however The skidoos with 7 tooth drivers vibrate excessively and make a lot of noise. I just can't see them slapping 7 tooth drivers on and calling it good. It is an extremely tight fit with the 7 tooths doesn't seem like something the factory would do. But again just guessin. I suppose it could be an 8 tooth 3.0 pitch to keep the weight down who knows

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya Kinda beat me to it NM.. LOL

wildalberta

Reaction score
In the catalogue picture, if it goes in order there is a model above the x in the summit series but is cut off in the pic? Im hoping theres some kind of power bump for a 174 3"

Top Bottom