2014 skidoo

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is what pretty much finalized my decision to snowcheck the black on black X.. IMO all the new color schemes on the doo's look sweet!

photo_zps14d57804.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, that black on black with yellow accent looks good in the pictures. Not piss yellow this time.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like there's a metallic or something in that yellow because in the shadow on the black X is looks greenish, but in the true light of the pic it looks yellow

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are targeting Cat riders with that one. Lol.
Haha, well I think it's working. Friend of mine who has ridden Cat for years snow checked one.

All the pictures I've seen of the Black/black X look to have limeish green accents to me. I was contemplating going with that option, then freeride skis and powder coat the rails the same. But I see more and more people commenting that is yellow??¿ What to choose now???

Sent from my Shoe Phone

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just checked my 2014 Ski-Doo brochure book and it does appear to be a fluorescent lime green. Way preferable to piss yellow. Still a tough choice on color though. Black/green and black/white/red are both very cool, and black/red is awesome but $200.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reflectors are more yellow than orange. The accents are more lime green.

sent from a top secret location

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just checked my 2014 Ski-Doo brochure book and it does appear to be a fluorescent lime green. Way preferable to piss yellow. Still a tough choice on color though. Black/green and black/white/red are both very cool, and black/red is awesome but $200.
Is $200 a deal breaker at this stage of the game($14,000ish) ? I would hope not.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is $200 a deal breaker at this stage of the game($14,000ish) ? I would hope not.

I'd have to say to some people it is judging by the amount of "who has the best price" threads lately. Drive 3-4 hours to save $300 on sled. To each their own.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fortunately I'm not snowchecking this year so I don't have to make that tough call.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say to some people it is judging by the amount of "who has the best price" threads lately. Drive 3-4 hours to save $300 on sled. To each their own.

Sent from my Shoe Phone
Good point

sledhead56

Reaction score
For sure it is a great starting point, one of the best. But anyone can call around and make those statements. Go in and sit down and hash out the details that way rather then calling around. I can guarantee that gets you the best price out of a dealer.

I have sat down with 3 dealers. No movement over what they said on the phone. All 15% parts, about $150 over to $250 under retail. Never asked about getting the dealer to throw something in for free. I have never asked for something for nothing before. I would rather buy it at a good deal an ask for a freeby. Nothing is free after all. Just be upfront and give me a deal. And i don't buy into the whole value added thing either. Just sell me what i want at at good price. I am never worried about breaking one day and having to ride the next. I fix my own stuff for the most part, a good dealer to me is one that has parts. Im am never going in to hammer him to fix my sled ASAP. In the 15 years of buying sleds the only time my sleds have been into a dealer is for recalls or end of season/warranty stuff. The only thing that i needed a dealer in season for was my 09 renegade to reset the comp after a bad muffler temp sensor. Bad thing about the etecs i guess, needing buds. I buy stuff expecting it not to break, not the other way around!

The reason I started my first post was because I got a lot of quotes over retail! Since when is that the normal to pay more than list price? Why? For a "relationship" with your dealer? I just don't get it. And last year the same dealer i bought my quad off was atlest 5% off retail on sleds and now they are over. I got 8% off msrp on my quad They changed this year not me. lol What I did find amusing when sitting down with the dealers was they all said to keep where I got the deal quiet because OTHER DEALER call them bitching about it. Its not like I have a local dealer, they are all 2-3 hours way, except cat. Why do they call each other about prices. Sounds like price fixing to me. Its not like they are uncutting my local guy and taking his sale. I cant wait to see what in season prices are going to be like.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A quick price check is good to make sure your dealer is doing its best to sell you a new product. I know in the Polaris world you can drive 3hrs south and save almost a $1000 on a new sled.

Also there isn't much money to be made in the sales of a recreational product. It's in the parts and service that the money is made.

Last edited:
Top Bottom