2014 release rumors

SummitRider95

Reaction score
Seems like it would be a really good sled and I'd definitely get one but what are the chance of them actually teaming up?

sylvanAssault

Reaction score
I think polaris should give full refunds for everyone who was sucked into buying there crap and yes that includes myself. Just glad I can afford doo's as well.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone want a 4 stroke turbo? Have you ever rode one? They SUCK! Cat/Yamaha already make these turds so you have 2 different shades of brown to choose from. They're expensive, heavy on the skis, the power kicks in 4 seconds after you needed it, your riding buddies will hate you, and the effort to get them unstuck is probably double.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why does everyone want a 4 stroke turbo? Have you ever rode one? They SUCK! Cat/Yamaha already make these turds so you have 2 different shades of brown to choose from. They're expensive, heavy on the skis, the power kicks in 4 seconds after you needed it, your riding buddies will hate you, and the effort to get them unstuck is probably double.

Your right..... BNG is the way out

bigk_789

Reaction score
Don't think you'll see much change this year just graphics and maybe belt drive on assault and regular rmks. Can't ever see a manufacturer having a stock 2 stroke turbo. I think next year we will see some big change for poo. Just my 2 cents

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think you'll see much change this year just graphics and maybe belt drive on assault and regular rmks. Can't ever see a manufacturer having a stock 2 stroke turbo. I think next year we will see some big change for poo. Just my 2 cents
If there is any major changes from Polaris it will come in the engine department. They will work on fixing the issues they had with the 2013. I don't think there is any way to lose more weight.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is any major changes from Polaris it will come in the engine department. They will work on fixing the issues they had with the 2013. I don't think there is any way to lose more weight.

Ya I agree... I think any significant changes will have to be under the hood... If Polaris thinks they will get away with solving a few issues and some BNG for 2014 there sales will take a licken.... IMHO I think the XM has pretty much yanked the carpet out from under them this year.. I personally have never liked BRP, but that XM handles unbelievable :( I am sure that this will give Polaris a push in the right direction!!

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree... I think any significant changes will have to be under the hood... If Polaris thinks they will get away with solving a few issues and some BNG for 2014 there sales will take a licken.... IMHO I think the XM has pretty much yanked the carpet out from under them this year.. I personally have never liked BRP, but that XM handles unbelievable :( I am sure that this will give Polaris a push in the right direction!!
Agreed. If the Pro didn't have the issues it did this year with the drive shaft and the belts stripping, I'm sure that the Pro and XM would have been neck and neck this year, but those issues knocked Polaris flat. I have nothing against BRP, and have thought about switching over to an XM, I'm just worried about the lobotomy that comes with that purchase. I'm concerned about the life of my engine in my 12 Pro.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If the Pro didn't have the issues it did this year with the drive shaft and the belts stripping, I'm sure that the Pro and XM would have been neck and neck this year, but those issues knocked Polaris flat. I have nothing against BRP, and have thought about switching over to an XM, I'm just worried about the lobotomy that comes with that purchase. I'm concerned about the life of my engine in my 12 Pro.

Same here.... between the lobotomy and Maxwell.... I will take my chances with the poo engine, drive shaft and the belt drive!!! lol

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
easy to talk of lobotomies and maxwell but hes not on here worrying about his drive shafts, belts, and engines....infact not sure i have ever seen him complain about issues with his doo's......

hmmmmmm maybe he's onto something....cant believe i just said that....

and i'm still an 80's technology cat guy

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
easy to talk of lobotomies and maxwell but hes not on here worrying about his drive shafts, belts, and engines....infact not sure i have ever seen him complain about issues with his doo's......

Oh, no doubt the Doo has been awesome this year. I just don't want an extra 'o' turning up every time I type 'do' or 'doing'. My sled has been awesome, and it has run with only one issue, which so far my best guess had been bad fuel causing det. I'm just reading about others having engines blow up, and it worries me. If I wasn't away at work, I would be at home riding my sled instead of typing away.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumour of a polaris first for 2014, a reliable large displacement twin..... But im guessing its only a rumour as that sounds impossible for them

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If Maxwell has an issue you can be sure it will "not" be posted on here..... by him anyway!!!! lol but that being said.. I don't think the XM has had any real issues other than there fuel line fitting!!! As far as issues with my 2011 Assault... it has over 2400 miles and O... not one issue!! and so far my 2013 Pro has run unbelievably well.... I will keep my fingers crossed!! :)

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard a rumour of a polaris first for 2014, a reliable large displacement twin..... But im guessing its only a rumour as that sounds impossible for them

Ya Polaris and big bore???? I don't think you will find anyone able to say that without a lump in there throat!!! lol But I did hear a rumor of a factory 600 two stroke turbo!!!! Can't imagine it happening but it would be a game changer for them ....

Top Bottom