2014 pro tunnel suspension bracket broken

hibby56

Reaction score
Bought a 2014 pro. Just took it in for 150 mile service and they notice a bracket was broke. This piece can not be purchased separately. I was told to go get it welded and is not covered under warentee. But it's cast alluminum and not easily welded at all. What's your guys thoughts ? They say I must have hit something to break it. But it's got 120 miles on the sled of all easy riding and I don't think I hit anything. I'm not saying it's impossible but I just don't think I did. Maybe a casting issue? And it's pretty thin to begin with.
Do you guys feel the dealership should help me out a bit more or just leave me fend for myself and get it welded. The bracket is pretty small as only a few rivets hold it on. Although it's not avaliblw to buy separate I'm sure if Polaris is contacted directly something could be done about it. Rather then just say sorry it only comes on a 4000 dollar tunnel go get it welded. The bracket it located mid tunnel and is basically what te rear shock bolts to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 376

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry about your luck. that sucks. i cant believe they would use cast aluminum for that part. i would imagine there will be aftermarket laser cut steel brackets popping up sometime soon.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a similar scenario happen on my 2012. Contacted Polaris directley with no luck. Ended up having it welded. A friend still has the sled and its still holding.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's completely warped that you can't get that piece .
Polaris has to have them in order to rivet them on the tunnel from factory.
What a joke.
Such a nice sled and to pull this kind of crap.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im really suprised it cant be ordered. Every part that attaches by sum form should be replaceable or orderable. Try a diff parts guy! Maybe a wrecker or maybe a fab shop and make new ones.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could order one of these to slide over it and then charge it back to polaris :) The piece that is broken is definitely a Polaris factory issue, unless you were hitting the hanger with something trying to bang the ice buildup off? As long as it's not cracked through the bolt location and it's just that tab you should be fine.

vyzy2yna.jpg

http://patrickcustomcarbon.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29856

Last edited:

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a 2014 pro. Just took it in for 150 mile service and they notice a bracket was broke. This piece can not be purchased separately. I was told to go get it welded and is not covered under warentee. But it's cast alluminum and not easily welded at all. What's your guys thoughts ? They say I must have hit something to break it. But it's got 120 miles on the sled of all easy riding and I don't think I hit anything. I'm not saying it's impossible but I just don't think I did. Maybe a casting issue? And it's pretty thin to begin with.
Do you guys feel the dealership should help me out a bit more or just leave me fend for myself and get it welded. The bracket is pretty small as only a few rivets hold it on. Although it's not avaliblw to buy separate I'm sure if Polaris is contacted directly something could be done about it. Rather then just say sorry it only comes on a 4000 dollar tunnel go get it welded. The bracket it located mid tunnel and is basically what te rear shock bolts to.

Nothiing else looks bent tell them to fix it on warranty or prove that you hit something, the price of polaris parts these days is total BS.

Top Bottom