2014 Pro 858 Big Bore Extra Mods?

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I haven't posted anything in a while!

So I bought a 2014 LE Pro with the 858 RKTek Big Bore W/ a boondocker fuel controller, I have gotten one trip on to the mountains on it now and it ran awesome, definitely a big step up from my old M8. (Which is also for sale).

RKTek suggests that you run the big bore with all the stock components, however I'd like some more bark out of it. So I was wondering what all anybody has done as far as exhaust. And for interest's sake any other mods done on top of the big bore.

katkiller

Reaction score
I was thinking of the same big bore kit for my 2012 pro, are you happy with it? Also are you running pump fuel?

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like it! I don't have a lot of seat time on it as of yet, but it runs awesome and goes like stink. It'll take me places I could've only dreamed of on my M8.

And yes I run 91octane pump fuel, RKTEK designed the kit to basically be ridden as a "stock" set-up, with no changes other than the big bore itself and the boondocker controller.

Also, Rhodesie had this to say:
when the dollar was decent I bought a dynoport y-pipe and pipe for mine. took the stock can and cut the restrictive insert out of the outlet. put in v-force 3r's and zapped another 1.5" hole in the air box shelf ahead and between the v-stacks. removed the restrictive snorkels from the plenum in the hood also. has a nice grumble and is not blappy loud. fun sled. torque monster.
trevor

Last edited:

Gunnerthesnowman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run a 2013 pro 870 Big Bore , ViPec ECU and a slp pipe and the thing can ( this can was the only one that would flow enough to keep the pipe back pressure down ) If i Had the money ( !ucking Canadian dollar ) I would be try these out , I think they would liven things up

Hey folks, I haven't posted anything in a while!

So I bought a 2014 LE Pro with the 858 RKTek Big Bore W/ a boondocker fuel controller, I have gotten one trip on to the mountains on it now and it ran awesome, definitely a big step up from my old M8. (Which is also for sale).

RKTek suggests that you run the big bore with all the stock components, however I'd like some more bark out of it. So I was wondering what all anybody has done as far as exhaust. And for interest's sake any other mods done on top of the big bore.

I really like it! I don't have a lot of seat time on it as of yet, but it runs awesome and goes like stink. It'll take me places I could've only dreamed of on my M8.

And yes I run 91octane pump fuel, RKTEK designed the kit to basically be ridden as a "stock" set-up, with no changes other than the big bore itself and the boondocker controller.

Also, Rhodesie had this to say:
when the dollar was decent I bought a dynoport y-pipe and pipe for mine. took the stock can and cut the restrictive insert out of the outlet. put in v-force 3r's and zapped another 1.5" hole in the air box shelf ahead and between the v-stacks. removed the restrictive snorkels from the plenum in the hood also. has a nice grumble and is not blappy loud. fun sled. torque monster.
trevor

Attachments

• IMG_3671.jpg small.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg small.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_3672.jpg small.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg small.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 283

Petetown

Reaction score
Hi new here have a 14 with an 858 to! What elevation do you ride would you be willing to share your map with me?

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride 7000-10000 feet, from B.C. to Wyoming and Montana, so far I've only had the sled around 8000', but I have been running the map provided on RK Teks website.

Top Bottom