2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snowstorms last week dropped over a meter of snow on the Valemount and surrounding areas. It finally looks like winter has set in. We have not had new snowfall over the last couple of days although reports of great riding are still pouring in. The snow from the most recent round of storms is definitely beginning to set up although there is still great riding to be had. The snow has settle quite heavily dropping to an average 145cm total height of snow.

Overall snow cover on our access trails is still quite thin and the snow is not setting up well over night with the warm temperatures. Our groomers are doing the best they can with the conditions given. There is quite a few riders in the area, so if your overall goal is a silky smooth trail in the morning, remember, early bird gets the worm.

Please visit avalanche.ca for advice from the professionals before you head out into the backcountry. Carry the proper gear, practice with it and above all, ride safe and smart.

Please see www.ridevalemount.com for complete area information.

AAAAAAND you must stop by Three Ranges Brewing tonight for their one year anniversary party and to try some of their amazing local brews. Valemount's second "best kept secret" right Tpower...lol

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had an awesome day today in back of Allan creek. Still loads of good riding to be had. Rode Clemina yesterday and smashed my lower a arm off my sled. Still lots of land mines. We had a guy crucify a rock today, got bucked off pretty bad we all thought the sled was totalled but luckily no damage, that we've seen anyways lol.

Hardcore2014

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Planning on coming to Valemount next week but the weather shows plus temps and mixed precip in town. Does that mean I should stay home because the snow up top will be brutal for riding?? May seem like a dumb question but I'm new to mountain sledding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Planning on coming to Valemount next week but the weather shows plus temps and mixed precip in town. Does that mean I should stay home because the snow up top will be brutal for riding?? May seem like a dumb question but I'm new to mountain sledding.

A day in the mountains is good no matter what the conditions. Can always work on other skills not just deep powder riding. But that's just my opinion. Mountain riding conditions are hit or miss so take every chance your given to go riding.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well had another great day today. Rode Clemina. The usual areas had some tracks. We snooped around and found a full day of fresh. Little socked in but still a great day. Probed in the trees once and it was a 120 cm. Or about 4'. Here are a couple pics.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A day in the mountains is good no matter what the conditions. Can always work on other skills not just deep powder riding. But that's just my opinion. Mountain riding conditions are hit or miss so take every chance your given to go riding.

that is one of the best post I have seen you write!

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the conditions looking like for the next week or so? Will there be good coverage by the end of December?

LinkTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Totally agree buddy!! Even though it's great to have an epic day everytime. Ain't gonna happen. Well put! Hell work on your fire building skills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dlo

Reaction score
Riding valemont allen creek tomorow , by myself if anyone dont mind extra guyy, pm

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading up there the weekend before Christmas. Should be awesome!

the_pegasus

Reaction score
coming up to area this weekend with 2 other, just looking for any locals wanting some company to learn the area

pm me

tko sled ed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.foxmaplehomes.com
Thanks vale had a great weekend 3days of riding my 12 yr old did pretty dam good for his first time we also went up and scoped out Crystal ridge today so we can plan a boarding weekend ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418008394.545715.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418008403.426153.jpg

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
04 outback dd vortec

Top Bottom