2014 / 2015 Valemount Conditions and Updates

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at martins this morning and the guy at the parts counter was talking about someone needing to chopper out sleds because someone got into somewhere with no base and couldn't get out? Said there was a video on youtube but I haven't found anything. Anyone know anything about this?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I was at martins this morning and the guy at the parts counter was talking about someone needing to chopper out sleds because someone got into somewhere with no base and couldn't get out? Said there was a video on youtube but I haven't found anything. Anyone know anything about this?

I heard something about this too, but what I heard was that they called in the chopper, but it couldn't fly due to conditions, so they spent the night in the cabin,and dug em out the next day. Think that was down in Revy too.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I heard something about having to climb trees to hook slings to fly them or something like that too. Be interesting to see the video

VARDA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the view out of the VARDA office right now

Attachments

• 20141127_150820.jpg
    20141127_150820.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 654

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be safe and have fun to everyone getting to enjoy these conditions! First trip for me might not be until the 20th :(

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
I have been riding in the area this time of year for 15 years. This is the deepest I have seen. I hope it sets up a bit tonight because I can not get stuck that many times again! Back to white river tomorrow. If you you want to ride some deep snow Curtis we will be leaving from the Holy Smoke at 9.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did it rain? Heard revy and golden are ruined. How many hours from edmonton to valemount?

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thank terry for sacrificing his body to the snow gods for all this sweet pow. Thanks bud. :)

It sure sucks sitting on the side lines , I won't lie but it's a good thing I didn't have 2 legs to do the snow dance or we be in the same shape as buffalo right now. Which actually might not be bad either . Leg is feeling pretty good so hopefully , I'll get to wieght bearing in a week , as long as I'm sledding by the holidays I'll be alright .

Summit River Lodge
" The Secrets Out"

turboetech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 ft powder at Allen creek no base trail ok but only 10 sledders up it very icy under 2 ft power on trail sorry no pics forgot iphone in truck... Stuck stuck only made it 2 km from cabin

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We didnt. Wishing i could have rode today too sasksummit. We made the journey home. It was hard to leave waking up with that much snow in town.
Ya we made the trek home last night. Wish we could have rode 1 more day. Can you imagine what it would have been like in Chappell today. WOW.

power_ranger

Reaction score
Never been sledding in valemount and we're making our first trip on the 4th. We were planning on going to allen creek but it doesn't sound like the right place right now. What other areas would you guys suggest? Chappell? Clemina? Blue river? We've got a couple newbies coming with us so keep that in mind.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
trail can be a little dicey with the ice but its a short trail with all types of terrain to ride in. probably best place to ride with newbies

Never been sledding in valemount and we're making our first trip on the 4th. We were planning on going to allen creek but it doesn't sound like the right place right now. What other areas would you guys suggest? Chappell? Clemina? Blue river? We've got a couple newbies coming with us so keep that in mind.

Top Bottom