2013 F350 DRW Diesel or 2013 Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a new truck another DRW 1 ton diesel. Currently have an 09 Ram 3500. It's been a good truck but want a full size crew cab then going to put a deck on and build it to be my toy hauler. Question is do I go with a Ford or the new Ram with the Aisen transmission 385hp 425 torque. I like the Cummins but find my truck under powered.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369658685.318193.jpg

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to Ford and Dodge, only one thought comes to mind.

I guess fat chicks need loving too!

Different strokes for different folks.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Best bet is to drive the new dodge and see how the new tranny and the added power feel compared to the dodge you have rigth now. The ford is a good truck and the motor seems to be holding up. I think both would be a good choice, however, i would get the dodge with all the new interior and exterior upgrades. If you need to look at one my good friend is the Manager at Great West Chrysler, he will set you up with a low pressure test drive and get you a good price as well.

If your interested give me a PM and i can give you his cell number so you dont have to deal with any salesman there.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All winter we pull the same 28' trailer with a gmc dually. Dodge dually and ford dualy. The ford is by far the most powerfull. Gm goes pretty good but super small cab. The dodge has the biggest cab and real comfy but unless u like passing down hill only its guttless. and $100 more in fuel to revy one way. the ford is sweet. I just sold a new ford and bought a gmc cause the interest rate was super low at the time. But I will be back In a ford in less than 2 yrs

Reactions: mb1

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All winter we pull the same 28' trailer with a gmc dually. Dodge dually and ford dualy. The ford is by far the most powerfull. Gm goes pretty good but super small cab. The dodge has the biggest cab and real comfy but unless u like passing down hill only its guttless. and $100 more in fuel to revy one way. the ford is sweet. I just sold a new ford and bought a gmc cause the interest rate was super low at the time. But I will be back In a ford in less than 2 yrs

Interesting. I like my Chev but the cab is small compared to the new rigs. Power is taken care of haha

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What year are these trucks you are towing with? I wouldn't think the HO dodge wouldn't be that gutless, weren't they 800 ft lbs and have now bumped it up to 850 for 2013? I agree on the fuel economy of a 12 or older dodge but u would think the 13 should be similar to the ford and chev with the Def system.

Not defending dodge, I'm just curious. I drive a ford BTW :thumbup:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year are these trucks you are towing with? I wouldn't think the HO dodge wouldn't be that gutless, weren't they 800 ft lbs and have now bumped it up to 850 for 2013? I agree on the fuel economy of a 12 or older dodge but u would think the 13 should be similar to the ford and chev with the Def system.

2013 Denali. 2011 ford. 2012 dodge with deletes and running stock program. If dodge has 800 torque they must have hidden most of it in the sloppy undecided what gear to be in tranny they use. Plus to be fair there is no warranty on the dodge now its deletes are done. The 6.7 ford is a beast. Uphill passing and acceleration are awesome. I really like my dmax but the can is always on which in turn makes u lose power. And a small cab with little storage in it

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup the 2013 1 tons are a whole different animal now...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what kind of programmer and deletes is your buddy running because my truck with deletes and everything will out pull a stock ford all day long???
Mini max and full deletes. Egr. Turbo back exhaust. But he isn't in race mode. Delete mode only. Stock setting to stock ford comparison. Cranking the chip up isn't a fair comparison. Either way the dodge is way behind in power to the dmax or ford stock

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Yes I have driven a ford lately, I run my programmer on mild and never touch it but for the price of the ford it should out pull everything!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have driven a ford lately, I run my programmer on mild and never touch it but for the price of the ford it should out pull everything!

I got my 12 ford for over 3 grand less than the 12 dodge would have been optioned out basically the same. We looked at the Dodge dealer first as I had heard they had great rebates on the 12s. Then told the wife let's drive the ford but be prepared it's going to be more money. Couldn't have been more wrong.

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Really surprising when I was looking I looked at dodge and the out the door price was around 59 then gmc was 62 and ford was 69, maybe I had a bad dealer or you had a good one I think fords are nice trucks just never been a ford guy, I personally think for a stock truck you can't beat a gmc diesel but everyone has there opinion i went with dodge because of the deal we got and because you can do small modifications and dodge seems like the only one that can be tampered with.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is crazy, I've never seen a Ford or Chevy cheaper than a Dodge optioned out the same. Must've been a hell of a dealer you found!

I'm a little biased because I own a Dodge. But I've spent considerable time in the 2013 Ford S/D and it is a great truck. Nice ride, pulls good, almost a gas engine characteristic to it. It also has a strong, nice shifting trans. But for the price, they can keep it.

The 2013 Dodge HD has so many upgrades and updates. You've got 385hp 850tq, available Aisin trans which should prove bulletproof, especially for the guys who are modding their trucks. New, stronger frame, new 3 link front end which was needed, highest tow rating, improved cooling system, larger front drive shafts and u joints, larger rear axle and pumpkin, front axle disconnect, and way better headlights which were badly needed.

The interiors have been awesome in the Dodge HD's since 2010 but the new, updated interior is gorgeous now. I found the Ford just has endless amounts of unbroken one color plastic. The Fords do have a wicked dash set up but Dodge has now improved theirs as well. And when I talk about interiors, I'm only comparing full load, leather trucks.

I'd be buying the Dodge if I was in the market. Especially if you do the deletes and like to run your truck hard, reliability is very proven.

Last edited:

Shovelking780

Reaction score
Yeah that is crazy, I've never seen a Ford or Chevy cheaper than a Dodge optioned out the same. Must've been a hell of a dealer you found!

I'm a little biased because I own a Dodge. But I've spent considerable time in the 2013 Ford S/D and it is a great truck. Nice ride, pulls good, almost a gas engine characteristic to it. It also has a strong, nice shifting trans. But for the price, they can keep it.

The 2013 Dodge HD has so many upgrades and updates. You've got 385hp 850tq, available Aisin trans which should prove bulletproof, especially for the guys who are modding their trucks. New, stronger frame, new 3 link front end which was needed, highest tow rating, improved cooling system, larger front drive shafts and u joints, larger rear axle and pumpkin, front axle disconnect, and way better headlights which were badly needed.

The interiors have been awesome in the Dodge HD's since 2010 but the new, updated interior is gorgeous now. I found the Ford just has endless amounts of unbroken one color plastic. The Fords do have a wicked dash set up but Dodge has now improved theirs as well. And when I talk about interiors, I'm only comparing full load, leather trucks.

I'd be buying the Dodge if I was in the market. Especially if you do the deletes and like to run your truck hard, reliability is very proven.
The 2013 Dodge is a nice looking beast and with the upgrades your right should be a whole lot better than the 09. It's too bad the best they can do for price is ten thousand more than the Ford. What's up withe the availability of these units hardly any around most have the old style transmission and old power range.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2013 Denali. 2011 ford. 2012 dodge with deletes and running stock program. If dodge has 800 torque they must have hidden most of it in the sloppy undecided what gear to be in tranny they use. Plus to be fair there is no warranty on the dodge now its deletes are done. The 6.7 ford is a beast. Uphill passing and acceleration are awesome. I really like my dmax but the can is always on which in turn makes u lose power. And a small cab with little storage in it

Lol the warranty is done on all of them! Don't kid yourself. And to do any engine work on the ford the cab has to be lifted off. Lol what a joke.
Tire size and final gear ratio play a huge part in pulling ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol the warranty is done on all of them! Don't kid yourself. And to do any engine work on the ford the cab has to be lifted off. Lol what a joke.
Tire size and final gear ratio play a huge part in pulling ability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know there's no warranty on any chipped truck. If u read the post im saying it takes a chipped dodge to pull like a chev or ford not chipped

Top Bottom