2013 DriveShaft Pro Clamps

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a set of this type of Clamp. I like how it encapsulates the Stub end and then clamps onto the Main shaft like the others that have made these "clamp" type fixes.
Cheap insurance in my mind until Polaris comes out with the proper permanant fix.

IMG_2680.jpg IMG_2692.JPG IMG_2727.JPG

Last edited:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the glue did happen to let go it should keep it from pulling out of the drive shaft should it not? From my eyes it is strengthening that whole assembly until Polaris can come out with a permanant fix.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Maxwell says....it can't "pull" out. No where for it to go longtitudinally. They're splitting the aluminum shaft and twisting out.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the glue did happen to let go it should keep it from pulling out of the drive shaft should it not? From my eyes it is strengthening that whole assembly until Polaris can come out with a permanant fix.

In order for that to just come out the end your chassis would have to flex a lot and I don't think it does at all in that direction. It is a fine looking piece but I don't think it has any advantage over the Tyson style. In fact having that small gap in the corner gives a place for ice to form and maybe cause some problems if it starts to push that off, maybe? Not sure. I can't wait to see the Doo boys freak out and post 200 comments when they find out what the fix is from Polaris.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya don't get me wrong looks like a great quality fix just don't think it has an advantage over the others that's all

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya don't get me wrong looks like a great quality fix just don't think it has an advantage over the others that's all

I agree, probably no different, I still think though that if the glue were to let go, it still "ties" the two pieces together, kind of like what a splint would do for a broken leg.......

I have Tysons clamp on right now and think it is doing its job perfectly, just that this one maybe takes it one step further........

I also agree alot with your previous posts saying why would anyone not be running some type of clamp system until this is resolved. Which ever one is used it is pretty cheap insurance. I have yet to read a post anywhere of a shaft letting go that is running a clamp.

Last edited:
Reactions: cs5

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, probably no different, I still think though that if the glue were to let go, it still "ties" the two pieces together, kind of like what a splint would do for a broken leg.......

I have Tysons clamp on right now and think it is doing its job perfectly, just that this one maybe takes it one step further........

Got any miles on with the clamps?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In order for that to just come out the end your chassis would have to flex a lot and I don't think it does at all in that direction. It is a fine looking piece but I don't think it has any advantage over the Tyson style. In fact having that small gap in the corner gives a place for ice to form and maybe cause some problems if it starts to push that off, maybe? Not sure.

I agree, I do like the two cap screws and a little wider clamp but it will likely get full of water/ice in the end piece and slowly push it off till it rubs on the bearing retainer!! I do like the looks of it though... what might the price be?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good point to watch for. I do fully intend to do checks during ride intervals to see what is happening under there.

$99 usd

Tyson.H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a great looking clamp and i only wish i had that kind of machine shop but i agree with maxwell the stub end cant go anywhere unless your bulkhead and skid loosen up to allow the tunnel to spread aparts. Or your belt drive plate would have to back off. Its doing the same as all the clamps its beefing up the material around the end so it cant separate. But it is a nice looking peace it a shame you cant see it on the sled.

spitfire340

Reaction score
I wonder what the true number of broken shafts would be without people running the various clamps, 2012 shafts or other fixes. There were a lot of people including myself that came over from another brand and that XM is looking better and better. The cost of a recall isnt going to be near as much as the cost of lost sales in the 2014 model year.

Treedragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Tysons clamp it was a wicked first trip out as all i heard was how many shafts broke today, and one Heli company had 7 calls for pro's with busted shafts over the weekend. I rode that pro like i stole it(well technically i did) and the shaft and clamp are solid THANKS AGAIN:canada:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Crazier ch!t has happened.

If the shaft has 2 bearings on the pto side, then I can't see it moving.

If only one, if you think of it, the belt drive pulls one way, the track pulls another, lets say if you hammer the brakes, it's only a half inch insert. It could pop out. The shaft is good in a torque sense, but not if you have side pressure loads like the motor, brake, and the track tension.. etc....

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazier ch!t has happened.

If the shaft has 2 bearings on the pto side, then I can't see it moving.

If only one, if you think of it, the belt drive pulls one way, the track pulls another, lets say if you hammer the brakes, it's only a half inch insert. It could pop out. The shaft is good in a torque sense, but not if you have side pressure loads like the motor, brake, and the track tension.. etc....

I see what your sayin, Like when you go over a jump and hit the brakes in mid air while skinning you willy, doing a heel kicker over the bars. Hit the kill switch with you left hand causing you to freak out. It lands on its nose and cartwheels down the hill end over end thirty five times. The shaft could fall out because the tunnel looks like a pretzel from 7-come 11 on Saturday night while your buddy pukes on your Doo in the back of your truck. Yup could happen

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That too, only sans puke.

It's not the lateral pressure, That shaft might bend like a CV joint, at the insert point, or you smoke a rock or stump there. At least it won't totally pop out..Does this make sense to you?

akita12

Reaction score
Can someone tell where to get a set of these Tyson's clamps?

There's no way I'm heading to the mountains without it with all these failures!

Top Bottom