2013 Can-am Outlander X mr 1000

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry don't know how to load pic's ,but what do you think? and who's getting one.:beer:

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep and a new renagade 1000,but can't load pic's :confused:

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out for the gen2 frames starting on the new 2012 can am bikes!!! Xmr renegades and outlanders are all cracking after so many kms' and stress

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch out for the gen2 frames starting on the new 2012 can am bikes!!! Xmr renegades and outlanders are all cracking after so many kms' and stress
This was said in 06 to ?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, the frames were junk then, and thier still junk now, and I own a can am
We have 5 of them 1-400 2-500 1-650 1-800 and my brother that owns the 800 maxs weighs 540 pounds and he rides it I guess were lucky.

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the g1 frames where not cracking, people where complaining about the main spar and how easy it dented.. put on a good set of richochet skids and if you want a frame spine strengthener, but you really did'nt need the strenghtener if you had the skids.. i put 7000 km on my 07 rene, and beleive me they were very hard fast riding miles and i also road an mx tack for 3 years, every weekend up in Rocky and i did not have any frame issiues.. had skids but no strenghtener... i did'nt see a problem??

i don't care what make you have.. all the frames bend and break if you hit them the right way..

i now have my 10 rene Xxc and i have close to 7000k on it, just coming up to 2 years i have it now and this one is ridin even harder.. no major problems yet except last dec, when i hit the bottom edge of a cattle guard at 60k... that will bend anything even your body! (which it did) haha.... i did bend the frame only 1/4 inch out.. it was fixable but insurance gave me a new frame.. and that was a dead stop at 60! so its all relative to how you handle and drive the machine... and at what angle it hits..

now the G2 frames are cracking the weld at the plate in front where the power steering unit mounts... only 6 cases in canada and around a dozen in the states... can-am is looking into it as we speak... but right now, the units are small and it does not warrant to issiue a bulitin as per government rules...
again.. once fixed... probable solution will be a good support bracket and welded in...

if i was scared to buy a can-am cause of this, as i see it, a silly frame thing.. i would'nt have had 14,000 k of AWESOME RIDING!!!!!!! ...lol
there just as good as anything else out there... its the luck you have when you hit something the wrong way... thats all..

to me its a non issue.. if your going to take your quad to extremes that they are not really made for, ( but lots do think in stock mode they should ) i got news for ya..
if you ride hard, you must look into frame strenghening and better suspension for your machine unless you have a Can-am with the fox poudiums or the KYB piggies.. but the stock fox podiums are quite superior over the KYB's, in stock mode.

You can take any model or any make and bend the frame like a pretezl, if you want.. it does not take much sometimes.. don't care what ya got.

Last edited:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Kwik said. My 07 got the hell beat out of it every weekend (and had big mud tires on it since day 1) with no frame issues. No stiffener installed....just skid plates. The 12...well, it's OK so far.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like the new gauges, and the new colors look good but some times pics can fool you

Attachments

• 1000co10.jpg
    1000co10.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 181

toomuchsledformyowngood

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i want to see some live pics of the xmr 1000. didn't even know they were making that. MAYBE ILL GET 2 MORE JOBS SO I CAN AFFORD TO BUY ONE!!!!! lol no jokes can am is worth the extra moola

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What Kwik said. My 07 got the hell beat out of it every weekend (and had big mud tires on it since day 1) with no frame issues. No stiffener installed....just skid plates. The 12...well, it's OK so far.
What skid plate do you guys recommend? I should get one for my 2010 Outlander.

Top Bottom