2013 AC 1100T HCR Handle Bar Slop

Ekim

Reaction score
I have approx. 100 miles on my sled and the handlebars are very loose in the upright support post. They have alot slop and wiggle all over the place. I went to my dealer and he says this is a common issue for the 2013 1100T. He and I are not sure how to fix this. There is no visual damage to the bushing and everything (bolts) seem tight. Does anyone else have this issue and if so, how do you fix it? I am 210lbs. and ride fairly hard in the mountains, but have had no handlebar issues on any other sleds I have owned. Advice and/or pictures of fixes would be appreciated. Thanks

mountianman

Reaction score
Not sure if its the same as the 800's but the top bushing is not very tight to begin with and they are a 2 piece bushing. I could see daylight between the post and bushing so all I did was sand the flat side of the bushing down and it tightened it up pretty good. Only have two rides on it since but seems to be holding up.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ours did that as well until it pretty much fell apart, had to drill out a rivet on the exhaust side part of the belly pan to access the steering linkage and tighten everything from there up, for some reason it all came loose within 100 miles, ever since it has been good

Ekim

Reaction score
I believe the slop is in the top bushing, not in the actual linkage system. I will have to try doing some work to the bushing and seeing if that works.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased new bushings for the vertical post on the M1100, and when disassembling to install them @ 300 miles, I found the lower bushing bolts were loose. Retorqued, only to have them loosen off again. The bolts are too short to pass through the nylon locknut, so I will be installing longer bolts with stover locknuts - I suspect that will get rid of most of the play in the bushings - will update after a few more miles.

Ekim

Reaction score
Found the same thing. The bushing just below the hood/console for the steering post had come completely OFF. Not sure how to re-install the bolts and nuts under the dash, I believe they will be a pain in the rear to install. We be getting longer bolts as well just to make sure. Thanks oneoldfart

Top Bottom