2012 ETEC Cans

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I asked the question on another thread, I am worried about any issues as I have heard specialty and MBRP are having issues with the can and that sled. So looking for whats causing no issues and where to buy. Maxwell stated HPS which I am trying to find dealers on BC coast or Edmonton area.

dbar7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BMP!!!!! sounds great and works great and cheap.... best can, cant go wrong with it... my opinion anyways

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the MBRP issues were there last year as well, but people felt it wasn't enough to complain about. You will likely have to get an HPS out of the US. SledHead Racing sells them I know.

Other than a little drop in weight and a little more bark you aren't gaining anything with a can alone. The Pipe on the Etec is used to help control RPM's. A tuned pipe/can is your best bet and will have gains. BMP is and has been a popular upgrade over stock with the etec. SLP's is great on the '11, even though they are not recommending it on the '12 yet, it does have gains.

I have a brand new SLP system waiting to be put on. But I am happy running the stock can through the break in period so far. I am not going to notice the 10 lb difference and I actually am starting to like the fact my sled is quiet at idle.

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been running specialty on my 2011 etec for over 1500km and never had a problem. Over half of those km are mountain.

Sounds wicked.

btcowboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can you get the SLP or BMP cans on the coast?

cbsharp

Reaction score
Where can you get the SLP or BMP cans on the coast?
You can get a bmp can from they are out of nanaimo i was told it doesnt take long to get it from them

I got a bmp can and y pipe directly from the bmp website and it took close to four weeks before i had it in my hands. Plus there was a nice little freight bill on top when it was delivered to me. I havent tried it out yet only ran at an idle. Sounds awesome

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know chris at parkland motorsports sells hps cans for the pro rmk. perhaps contact him and see if he is doing another order possibly could throw an etec can on....maybe...

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run TSS from BC and no problems yet/no codes sounds great at wide open

cadman22

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a TSS can on my 2012 e-tec and it runs awesome no issues there, theses guys run and test there stuff so they must know what they are doing. Just my two cents

kellyandhislimo

RIP - March 16, 2023
Reaction score
I have a bmp can for sale if anyone is interested in it. I had it on my 2012 and never had any issues with it. Just not loud enough for me but it does sound really good.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I think if I bought a new can it would be "the thing" from the sled shed with the muff pot in it.

and I have 500+ kms on one with the 2012 and it has been great!

Friggin' Thing cooks fast; have to be careful if I don't want over done shrimp and scallops, lol

SCAN0025.jpg

curtisbuhs

Reaction score
I have a bmp can for sale if anyone is interested in it. I had it on my 2012 and never had any issues with it. Just not loud enough for me but it does sound really good.

Hey Kelly do you still have your BMP can? I'm looking for a can for my 2012 Summit 800 etec.
How much?

Top Bottom