2010 polaris 850XP EPS

ProRMK

Reaction score
Bought a new one last Friday. How is everyone liking them? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks.

prairiedawg

Reaction score
I really like mine. I have 700+ miles and has been great. I did do some clutching and also installed a PCV + Auto tune and has made the quad run alot better. No plug fouling and picked up about an extra 10-12 miles on a tank of fuel. Enjoy your new quad and have fun.:beer:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got about 1,000 miles on mine and love it. No performance mods yet. Put on a set of 27" Zillas and a few bolt-on accessories. It is without a doubt, the best riding and handling utility quad I've ever been on, but on that note, I tend to push it very hard and have caused some minor damage. I broke the left/rear lower control arm about a month ago. Not really sure how it happened. Two days ago, a 3" piece of the inner bead area on my left/rear wheel got busted out. I must have caught a rock the wrong way. Oh well, sh!t happens !!

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 has been good. no real problems, have 2000+km on it. did break the right rear spring dont know how but it needed hever duty springs anyway. Oh and they dont like water over the handle bars but i think thats normal,lol. enjoy the quad there a beast.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2000 km on my 2009.

Have replaced lower ball joints,4 tie rod ends and 2 sets of brakes.
Also broke 2 rear coils.
Changing rear springs to highlifter and a 2 inch RDC lift kit this week.

You will enjoy it..Drive it like you stole it..:d:d:beer::beer:

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2009 for a year and loved it except for the slipping (under high load) inside the transmission and at approx. 1800 km just days after the warranty ran out the power steering failed. It cost me $2200.00 to repair and was without the machine for about a month or so, i have heard many others have had power steering troubles as well. Many seem to be trouble free as well, so it's hard to say if you will find any or not.
Also factory brake pads will probably only last about 1000km or so depending on usage.
Enjoy the new ride.

ProRMK

Reaction score
After 2 weekends so far have put 150 miles on it in the mountains and it has been great. Seems with the auto decent you do not need to use the brakes much on a hill. That is nice. Have one back brake making a little noise. Dealer said it probably needs adjusting just bring it in. Machine is a blast to ride and I do like it.

RapidKaty

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
just remember your 2010 is a completely different quad from the 2009. and here at the shop we have yet to have anyone come in with any problems other than shitty factory tires.

PS I have the 2009 XP and I love it, and I drive the ch!t out of it!

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 2000 km on my 2009.

Have replaced lower ball joints,4 tie rod ends and 2 sets of brakes.
Also broke 2 rear coils.
Changing rear springs to highlifter and a 2 inch RDC lift kit this week.

You will enjoy it..Drive it like you stole it..:d:d:beer::beer:

Holy thought i beat mine up pretty good.lol. A must with the highlifter springs especily if you double at all.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and if you ride a lot of rocky terain or skid the bottom along all the time you may want to look into alluminum skid plates. every single plastic one is broke on mine. and it exposes the bottom of the mottor.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
After 2 weekends so far have put 150 miles on it in the mountains and it has been great. Seems with the auto decent you do not need to use the brakes much on a hill. That is nice. Have one back brake making a little noise. Dealer said it probably needs adjusting just bring it in. Machine is a blast to ride and I do like it.

"Adjusting"? :confused: What exactly is there to adjust on the rear break of a Polaris 850? Did they go back to drum brakes on the 850?
I own many polaris' and the brakes work well on them but need replacing every second or third oil change for sure. You will get a bit more wear out of after market pads.

Top Bottom