2010 assault 2 broken clutch springs

salbendidi

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 2010 assault and i cant keep primary clutch sprins in it. i have 300 miles on it and broke 2 springs already! its stock minus the full slp exaust.first one i broke was the original, second was a epi. i have a new factory spring i got un warranty and a slp spring! would kinda like to know why they are breaking before i put another one in! any ideas or anyone else with this little pestering problem???

deanaucoin

Reaction score
Was the SLP spring installed when you upgraded to the SLP pipe and can,I have a 2009 800 Swichback with full SLT pipe and can,when it was installed they also had to change the clutch weights and spring so you may want to check on that.Unless it being an RMK make a differance.

salbendidi

Reaction score
when i broke the first spring the sled was factory! with 68 gram weights running around sasky i was hitting 8300 rpm easy. the stock spring was a 140\330. after it broke i found a EPI spring in short notice. it was a PS7. rated to be a high engagment spring! i installed the slp system and the EPI spring and i could only reach 8000 rpm tops. so now i put in the spring poo sent me wich is diffrent again, its a 120****-310. just went for a rip and it only hits 8000 rpm. would i lose rpms with the full slp exaust system or gain....... if my finish numbers on my primary and secondary spring are not the same will that effect rpms...... just a littleconfused here.....

jimigermanson

Reaction score
The lighter spring will give you lower engagement and lower top rpm.The slp pipe will increase your rpm. \you would need more weight which is a good thing. Was the second spring you put in correct for this sled? I've had one spring break but never 2.

Top Bottom