2010/2011 Sicamous (Eagle Valley) Updates

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick vid from a couple of weeks ago

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA0JEf8WPiA[/media]

Agent Orange

Reaction score
Thinking of going to Sicamous this weekend march 17th-20th. Where is a good place to stay for the family. Husband and wife and 2 teen boys? Best riding area? We ride a lot in Revy but want to try something new. Any ideas?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Best Western.....clean, free breakfast, nice hot tubs, pool and the drying room is a great idea....

Was are first time there and rode Blue Lake, Queest and Owlhead....Liked them all heard Hunters Range was even better for Families...

Have fun....

summitzx

Reaction score
All pictures look good. Never been to sicamous. Leaving wed morning till sun. Looking forward to ride there.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard thata new stove kinda sucked. The old one was plenty warm enough.

Your right the stove that is in the Owlhead Cabin is not up to the job, cant imagine if it was cold out.....heard from some locals that the old stove worked way better.....I know the one in the Queest Cabin worked great...

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All pictures look good. Never been to sicamous. Leaving wed morning till sun. Looking forward to ride there.

Great riding, the hills were getting new snow when we left, but if it stays as warm as is was there wont be any snow in the parking lots....

They were trying to look after the trails but with the warm weather and rain at the bottom wasnt much they could do. Rain down below meant snow on the hill....

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny signature you've got, for a pic of two guys on the couch!

Good eye…..

Waiting for the food to cook, gotta eat...keep up the strength …..

We left the parking lot at 8:30 that morning and dint return until 7:00…it was a long day, but a great day..

Look forward to getting back there, this no snow and no hills country is just not the same riding.....

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice and deep today. Some guys took a hard right from the cabin yesterday down into the Creek. Had S&R out for them last night and left there sleds down there. They recovered them today.
Snow today was good.

Guest101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good eye…..

Waiting for the food to cook, gotta eat...keep up the strength …..

We left the parking lot at 8:30 that morning and dint return until 7:00…it was a long day, but a great day..

Look forward to getting back there, this no snow and no hills country is just not the same riding.....

Muff pot cook your food while you ride!:d

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any reports on snow conditions for sicamous area - owls / eagles?

revbyu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well didn't get any report from anyone so I thought I'd check it out myself - Today Owls was snowing most of the day up top - most of the popular areas are fairly tracked up . Could not see in the alpine - visibility was very poor . Did not venture past skinny - played in the lower meadows/echo - probably 8 inches of fresh.Still alot of untouched snow in trees. Trail still in decent shape - Still parking in main parking lot - First turn heading up from parking lot showing some dirt - was raining from 7km to main parking lot when we headed down today.

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
Hoping to make another trip out April 8,9,10th. How late in the season can you still ride? I don't mind driving up to the snow. Is it ok to drive up the roads during late season riding? Last year we parked a few kilometres in everytime, but I want to make sure first, don't need to cause any problems for the club.
Thanks

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride until Easter...many people ride later than that.

Take into consideration what you are driving up to the staging areas. Limited room for long trailers. Have good tires, maybe even chains and some curtiousy for people who maybe coming up behind you (don't block the road).

Overnight snow can burn off pretty quick during the day sunshine. Most shaded corners will hold snow and ice late.

Pretty sure they will be collecting fees still around that point. Check with fee collector as to where stagging areas are.

Easter 2010 -

sicamouseaster098a.jpg

chrishew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet.
Thanks for getting back to me. We've just got a two place open trailer so should be easy to turn around.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We just got off of blue lake it was freekn fabulous! Almost 2' of fresh pow! If the sky would have cleared it would have been perfect!
These are just the 2 pics on my phone More on my FB search me as corrisapinkalicious to see more.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301445478.392168.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301445478.392168.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 648
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301446492.332550.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301446492.332550.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 661
Last edited:

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Hi
Hoping to make another trip out April 8,9,10th. How late in the season can you still ride? I don't mind driving up to the snow. Is it ok to drive up the roads during late season riding? Last year we parked a few kilometres in everytime, but I want to make sure first, don't need to cause any problems for the club.
Thanks

Awesome April riding in Sicamous!

Current staging info for Owl Head, Queest, Blue Lake & Eagle Pass.....

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL!!! Don't ride Owl's right now!!! It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom