2009 Summer Campout -- What do you want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
where and when so i can make sure i dont work that weekend lol but im in

As stated before...Organizers will let everyone know when and where when time and place has been decided...for now they are just looking for ideas, mainly from people who were there last year since they are the ones with first hand knowlege as to pros/cons....patients is a virtue

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread will only be open until Monday April 20, 2009 at 10pm.

Then it will be closed and printed for use in planning meetings.

Thanks for everyones input.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather permitting for the saturday evening would a potluck supper be feasible or go over well? Tables and bbq's set up in a central area for grilling up hotdog's, burger's, steak, etc... Would there be enough interest in having a pancake breakfast on the sunday morning?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Weather permitting for the saturday evening would a potluck supper be feasible or go over well? Tables and bbq's set up in a central area for grilling up hotdog's, burger's, steak, etc... Would there be enough interest in having a pancake breakfast on the sunday morning?

In my humble opinion a pot luck for that many people would be very difficult to manage as would a pancake breakfast, and the costs/work involved would be astronomical, however I will bring the idea to the meeting.

ttcarter

Reaction score
Just some ideas;

Saturday night potluck wouldn't be too hard-- BBQ isn't the only option. Most everyone has RV's so make-ahead dishes (appys, meatballs, chicken wings, nachos) would be easy to throw on a table to share and nice to have already done after a day of riding... leave it to the women, you won't go hungry!

Pancake breakfast- contact the local scouts, legion or lions club. They will have all the gear required and might be happy to put it on for a nominal fee as one of their fundraisers. No set up, clean-up or cooking required (nice) which leaves more time for a sunday ride.

"kids daycare day" on saturday- this is such an awesome idea! I would be more than willing to pitch in $$ for that!

Please no heavy metal. A good country rock band would be great though.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya like when i mentioned a BAND i didn't mean Iron Maiden, it was an idea to have more than one guy .Maybe a drummer and a bass and lead guitar.I don't want to everyone to think it has to be ear deffening music.I love the old country anyway

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The pot luck is a fantastic idea we have done this in the past with entire camp grounds of participants. Someone brought in a flat deck semi trailer and all the food was placed all around the edges....it was fabulous.... better than the biggest buffet you have ever been too....

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion a pot luck for that many people would be very difficult to manage as would a pancake breakfast, and the costs/work involved would be astronomical, however I will bring the idea to the meeting.

The pot luck is a fantastic idea we have done this in the past with entire camp grounds of participants. Someone brought in a flat deck semi trailer and all the food was placed all around the edges....it was fabulous.... better than the biggest buffet you have ever been too....

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well heck ya I agree that the ladies will have no problems coming up with potluck food ideas and it is great not having to totally cook after a day of riding.

The pancake breakfast idea is fantastic too the local scouts, cadets, legion we would totally love to pay for a breakfast to support any of those.....then I dont have to cook again...its all great....;)

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Well heck ya I agree that the ladies will have no problems coming up with potluck food ideas and it is great not having to totally cook after a day of riding.

The pancake breakfast idea is fantastic too the local scouts, cadets, legion we would totally love to pay for a breakfast to support any of those.....then I dont have to cook again...its all great....;)

The pot luck is a good idea and wouldn't take much planning, if you want to join bring a dish that will feed a few people and pick a designate an area, simple as that :) I'm IN!! I'll bring a package of Low Fat wieners :d I'm sure someone will bring a loaf of bread and some Ketchup :cool:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
The pot luck is a good idea and wouldn't take much planning, if you want to join bring a dish that will feed a few people and pick a designate an area, simple as that :) I'm IN!! I'll bring a package of Low Fat wieners :d I'm sure someone will bring a loaf of bread and some Ketchup :cool:

Ketchup I can do! lol

Thanks for all the SUPER idea's you guys, this will be a great weekend, we plan to totally blow last year away.

Last edited:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i like the idea of the pot luck im sure i could convince the wife to whip up her amazing scalaped potatos or even better egg plant parmagion(ummm getting hungery).

as much as i like heavy metal i dont think it belongs at a "get-up" like this i think there should be a country/rock band(s) id rather enjoy the music all night then have a splitting headace to deal with for the next day

i like the idea of mud races to

and i can't say im surprised that bogger would say he wants it in july---dont worry buddy i'll fix you this weekend:cool:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
ya i like the idea of the pot luck im sure i could convince the wife to whip up her amazing scalaped potatos or even better egg plant parmagion(ummm getting hungery).

as much as i like heavy metal i dont think it belongs at a "get-up" like this i think there should be a country/rock band(s) id rather enjoy the music all night then have a splitting headace to deal with for the next day

i like the idea of mud races to

and i can't say im surprised that bogger would say he wants it in july---dont worry buddy i'll fix you this weekend:cool:

GOT A FAN.....Over

Bwahahahahahaha

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep i had to go to the junk yard and rip one out of a honda accord and cut the fan blades a bit so they'd fit (cost $30 instead of $350 for a new one) and i spent 2 hours sewing steel wire through it so no more sticks getting in there to jam it up
IMGP4388.jpg

Last edited:

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep or sooner if you want let me know thursday/friday are best for bruzer as shes not working those days . what about your tie rod?

Bruzer

Reaction score
Pot luck sounds great, my husband and I were both part of the scouts/pathfinder organizations when we were younger, so showing support to the local groups is a brilliant idea. Thank you for all of the work that you are putting into this for planning. August is better for me becuase of a trip I have planned for most of July.:av-31:

ttcarter

Reaction score
one more vote for August! Just not the long weekend... I am doing the death race in grande cache.... but after that its back to :beer: and hot dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom