2009 Summer Campout -- What do you want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm just looking for some feedback/suggestions from people as to what they would like to see at this years campout. We are into the major planning stages and want to know what you, our valued members/attendee's would like to see.

Lets keep this thread constructive, and helpful, no bashing or anything like that, I will remove all garbage posts!

All suggestions welcome, although, we can't please absolutely everyone.

Thanks!

TylerG

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Not sure how many kids will be there...unsure on my four at this point, but maybe some sort of scavenger hunt for the kids could be fun.

Bogger :d

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Last year was great i wouldn't change alot.Maybe a more rockin singer/guitar band.Would there be enough people to try and get money from to pay a local band????I know ACDC would be out of the question!!!!!

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Not sure how many kids will be there...unsure on my four at this point, but maybe some sort of scavenger hunt for the kids could be fun.

Bogger :d

Bringin the sheep?They'd be a real hit Saturday night:d
There were lots of kids last year,they all had a blast.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This will be my first S&M campout, reading the posts about the past yr sounds great, i'm excited to enjoy the weekend.
If you are looking for a local band (Rocky Mtn House) we have one in town that might be into it named Euphoria , if that's something that may interest members i can ask the drummer, or get you contact info. I think they are mostly hard rock and metal, not sure if that would be good for young families???

JayBec

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never been to one, but from the pics ive seen, i think the adults are content with playing in mud and drinkin beer, we should have more for the kids if we were to change/add anything

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought last year was very successful. Here is one suggestion. This year I would like to go to the falls. Perhaps someone could organize everyone at a rally point with where do you want to go IE: Falls, geocache, Timbuktu... and then get all the folks into manageable group sizes. Last year we didn't know anyone or the area and were a bit confused as to what to do and where to go. Thanks Tyler.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yeah, more organized rides. List the areas, leaving times and duration of rides, difficulty etc so that people can join up for the ones they may want to try. Other then that everything else was excellent. No Heavy metal please, you will find that a lot of adults probably will not stick around.

sharkz

Reaction score
Everything was good last year, I will agree with having a couple organized rides such as going to the falls as I would like to go there as well.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
We did a ride to the falls last year on the Sunday, but we can definitely arrange for one on the Saturday as well.

Tyler

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Bringin the sheep?They'd be a real hit Saturday night:d
There were lots of kids last year,they all had a blast.

No sheep...only so much room on the trailer....But I'm sure a midnight ride could round up a few for some choice photo opps.....

Alright tyler I know....Useless....hit delete....:d:beer:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I thought last year was very successful. Here is one suggestion. This year I would like to go to the falls. Perhaps someone could organize everyone at a rally point with where do you want to go IE: Falls, geocache, Timbuktu... and then get all the folks into manageable group sizes. Last year we didn't know anyone or the area and were a bit confused as to what to do and where to go. Thanks Tyler.

X2^^^^^..........Didn't even know about the falls till I got home and saw them on here.Thats ok though ,still had a blast.Something new to check out this year!

rhinoefi

Reaction score
I just joined so what ever you got organized sounds like it will be great, just wondering on how aggresive the family trails would be, my son drives a 2 wheel drive grizzly 125 and not that much experience on the hills.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I just joined so what ever you got organized sounds like it will be great, just wondering on how aggresive the family trails would be, my son drives a 2 wheel drive grizzly 125 and not that much experience on the hills.

My daughter drives the same.....and I'm sure we won't be the only ones...

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My daughter drives the same.....and I'm sure we won't be the only ones...

Hopefully SumX will comment on this, but there are TONNES of trails down there, and I don't see a problem with the 125's we might have to tug them thru a few places, but we'll make it work!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't see any mention on where this is happening??? Or is this up for nomination???

Safari Guy, this is just a what do you want to see thread, taking feedback from last year and suggestions for this year, and then we'll plan and release dates/times/location

Thanks,

Tyler

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Just looking for some suggestions we have a mod meeting booked to come with some kind of itinerary and some wants and needs. Last year we did have a sort of daycare for saturday for the kids to hangout while the adults rode. there was crafts, games, prizes, scavenger hunt, and candy :). We also had a bit of an organized ride I took out a group of about 10 that didn't want to go hard core had everything from powder girls little 125/250? 2wheel drive all the way up the snowseekers nucular powered 10 foot high lifted rhino :p but most if not all did the geo-cache poker rally
Just looking for some idearers to make things better

-geocache
-More stuff for kids
-band/music
-organized rides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom