2008 Rev XP Upgrades

swamp_donk

Reaction score
I have a 2008 summit x 800 154 and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of upgrades i could do to make it climb better without spending a fortune?

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much you willing to spend? for under $1000 you can get the new 2.50" track if you install it your self

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bang for the buck hands down I've found is changing out the stock track for a Camo Extreme 2.5".

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
track. then head. and airbox mod. heads work great for mid range pull.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As was said already, camo extreme track, clutching and gearing. If you find the sled doesn't handle as well as you like, or you find it doesn't sidehill well, a narrow front end stance is a nice upgrade.

sledshedrevy

Reaction score
make sure the clutches are in alignment , this 08 and 09 have 13mm square holes were the front motor mounts bolt which is an 8mm shaft go thru . in 2010 doo made the square holes an 8mm round hole so the motor could not move left and create a very serious offset . this offset can kill any mod you may do .kills the clutch components as well and definately deep snow ability .
doo went away from the mega holed track as well ,what does that tell ya .
front skid can be dropped one inch to make it handle better .2010 they added some length to the front arm and shock to achieve this improved handling fromthe skid .

xpsledneck

Reaction score
If you do the track than the clutching and gearing is a must as i found out with my 08.
The track puts on so much more load on the engine that you cant keep rpm with the stock clutching.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do the track than the clutching and gearing is a must as i found out with my 08.
The track puts on so much more load on the engine that you cant keep rpm with the stock clutching.

I'm thinking of doing this upgrade, what is the track part number everyone is running, a 9102M? What sort of cluching & gearing did you have to change?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing this upgrade, what is the track part number everyone is running, a 9102M? What sort of cluching & gearing did you have to change?

part # depends on length

doo it great upgrade for sure

Top Bottom