2008 rev xp 800 front cooler

slickdg

Reaction score
has anyone here installed a front cooler on a rev xp? and would know what the best method of replacing this thing iv heard of one way was to remove the motor not something i want to do for this one part any ideas out there??:beer::beer: thanks!

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Paraphrased from the service manual:

- drain cooling system
- drill 4 lower rivets off
- remove muffler
- remove 2 rad protector front rivets slightly bend it toward rear
- remove 3 upper rivets retaining rad
- remove rear engine mount nuts
- remove Oetiker clamps securing coolant hoses
- remove rad

Reverse above for install :beer:

slickdg

Reaction score
thanks!! i havent been able to find a manural yet locally for this machine just online just dont got the time to wait for shipping thanks!! thats a big help!:beer::beer:

slickdg

Reaction score
i just got started on the job today i believe that quote you gave me from your manural is for the radiator and im taking out the front cooler or heat exchanger you could call it in front of the track under the machine...
thanks!!

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 08 manual refers to front and rear radiator and I posted the directions for front radiator (not the tunnel cooler)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
leave the cooler out then you can run the 3 incher. lol

yeah but you might not have enough cooling to run it. not sure what the sleds run at without the front cooler. Bypass the front cooler first before removing it and see what happens to the temps, simple re-connection if it doesn't work, instead of a full re-install.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about taking mine out if I throw a 3" under mine. I wonder how a guy could supplement the cooling to make up for losing the front cooler? Maybe a U cooler that would go around the stock one in the tunnel?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Radiator in place of headlight.

But really the tight spot with the 3" track is at the top of the tunnel not at the cooler. So you really aren't gaining anything by deleting it.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Radiator in place of headlight.

But really the tight spot with the 3" track is at the top of the tunnel not at the cooler. So you really aren't gaining anything by deleting it.

X2!!! we have done one and i am probably going to do a 3" track this year on mine. Cooler is the least of your worries, there is actually more space there than compared to the top of the drive shaft. Thats only aboiut .2" ish

Manatee

Reaction score
A guy should set up a Rad on the front with a quick disconnect that you can drop off at the gas drop. That way, you would have a real functioning rad (no fan) for on the trail. Then when you get up into the good stuff, you toss it aside, ride all day and then put er back on for the trip down.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you imagine what the tree huggers would say when they sled-skied up to the gas drops and saw lumps of green snow everywhere! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom