2006 NUN swap. Anyone out there have some pics??

bigcobb

Reaction score
Hello all you REV fans, Its time for me to swap the front bulkhead in a 2006 Summit rev and i know that some of you guys out there have done this before. Just looking for some pics or any advice from someone thats done this before. Its gonna happen one way or another but i fuigured it doesnt hurt to ask.

jamieprince

Reaction score
Don't know if you be interested in this scenario but I did my flying nun last year and replaced everything with 440 race sled parts, they all fit, rivet, and bolt right into place. Just thought i would let ya know that you could beef the front end up a little while your in there.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem I have with the 440 nun is now its not just the nun the next big hit. It's the bulkhead and tunnel

bigcobb

Reaction score
Well I finally finished it. It was a lot of work !! The front plate behind the nun was bent as well as the the pto side motor mount !! I also put In a new short block while I was in there. All and all not a bad job but the factory henrob rivets were a pain in ass to remove. I'll try to get my pics on here.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF???? No turbo like Joe. If you bend it again I have a cheap alum C-channel fix I did on an 06. Never bent agin and costabout $25 for parts

croweman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'd like to here more about your cheap fix and see some pics. I am just fixxing mine up with some braces from dootalk but would like to see more.

Summit800R

Reaction score
I did a complete fix on my sled, nun, tunnel, steering, plastic, etc.
was almost worth it just to buy a new one but i love my rev, so i fixed it. IMG_1786.jpg

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I'd like to here more about your cheap fix and see some pics. I am just fixxing mine up with some braces from dootalk but would like to see more.
I made a 3" wide c-channel with 3/8" legs out of 1/8" plate aluminum at work. Drilled out the back side of c-channel so no factory rivets had to be removed. Hand cut and shapped the ends to fit from the front of the nun to the chaincase and bolted in place-no rivets, althought ss air rvets would also work. Make sure that the new c-hannel is tight to existing bulkhead.
Clutch side never bent for me as I had the Specialty Sled brace in place from new.

bigcobb

Reaction score
WTF???? No turbo like Joe. If you bend it again I have a cheap alum C-channel fix I did on an 06. Never bent agin and costabout $25 for parts
I wish I could afford a turbo !! What r u riding these days ?? U got your turbo yet ?? I heard u have been out a couple times, how's the snow ??

Top Bottom