2005 Polaris 900 RMK Reviews ?!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im looking into buying my girlfriend a sled.....she found a 900 rmk that she loves, for sale.....anyone know anything about these things, i have heard that they have problems, but this one is all stock and all of the recall work is apparently up to date, has a 159 track..... and its not like shes gonna be climbing what i am, some feed back asap would be good !!!

vendetta

Reaction score
they are garbage. my buddy almost bought one for 2500$ at a repo place. we researched it cause we are ski doo guys( not byas at all cause of the price) they shake like crazy cause the cranks need balancing and the clutches have to have new helix put in cause the dont climb. there was 19, yes 19 factory updates for this sled and if they are not do you are out of luck if the warenty is up. do not buy it for her its way to big and shakes way to much for her>

Rob

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are a heavy sled that only have around 5 - 7 horse more than an xp and are 80 + lbs heavier but dont quote me. From what i've seen girls usually like the M6's and M7s or polaris RMK's when it comes to mountains sleds. since they generally arent concerned with power. these machines are easy to manuver which is generally the hardest part to sledding for some girls. i kno my buddies gf is in love with his rmk 700. in my honest opinion the 900's are a heavy underpowered sled - i wouldnt put my gf on one - Just my 2cents donty mean to offend anyone

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your not offending anyone man, this is what i want - feedback. she is in love with my apex but i dont think im gonna get her one of those lol

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are a heavy sled that only have around 5 - 7 horse more than an xp and are 80 + lbs heavier but dont quote me. From what i've seen girls usually like the M6's and M7s or polaris RMK's when it comes to mountains sleds. since they generally arent concerned with power. these machines are easy to manuver which is generally the hardest part to sledding for some girls. i kno my buddies gf is in love with his rmk 700. in my honest opinion the 900's are a heavy underpowered sled - i wouldnt put my gf on one - Just my 2cents donty mean to offend anyone

Easy there my m7 will give you a run for your money not a girl sled ....just a good sled prefured by all

But yes they are a very good reliable nimble and light sled and are super reliable next season (if all goes well) the girlfriend will be ridin a m6 or cf6

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol yeah i kinda an m7 is what she should get, but she figures i should ride that and she can have my turbo apex....yeah, no

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol got to much into that bad boy to give it away lol, but hey asking cant hurt right ?! you ride in revy or area much ?

TravisFader

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the first trip planned for nov 11-16 in McBride :) Probably hit up siccamouse too this year.

Jay K

Reaction score
Stay away from the 900. heavy, hard to sidehill, bad motor, shakes, and yes I did have one!
New Polaris 800's also have problems. Update calls for pistons, cylinders, head, re-flash. 700's seem OK though if she wants a Polaris.
Good luck!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your girlfriend is a steer wrestler then maybe get her this sled, too heavy. Buddy had one and liked it, but it was a handfull in the hills.....Until it ate the top end.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't owned a 900 but i haven't heard much good, most of the bad that has already been said here, I would suggest a 600 to 800 rmk in the raw chassis they are very easy to handle and would have more than enough power for her. I have a 09 Dragon 800 and yes I have got the recall for the motor upgrade but I haven't had any issues before that.

swabby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JUNK ,even the polaris dealers will not even look at them if you were to try to trade 1 in ,pretty bad when they wont even take there own product back on trade :nono:

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have a line on what looks like a decent sled - 2006 RMK IQ 700, with a 151'' track. lol i asked about the last one so im gonna ask about this one, opinions ??!!

clifford the big red dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a o6 900 and it vibrated baddly until I put 600 H.O stickers on it, Know it doesn't vibrate nearly as bad and those Doo riders Are having problems keeping up. I also bought an o9 Dragon But I didn't change the stickers on it, it didn't blow up and the doo riders are still wondering why.I don't think that A 900 polaris is for someone how sits on the seat, but its treated me pretty good and I do ride Revy. Hey sledhead 900, Does your 900 vibrate

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your not offending anyone man, this is what i want - feedback. she is in love with my apex but i dont think im gonna get her one of those lol

Dont get her an Apex, I got my wife an Apex last season and she loved the look but hated the ride after the first day out:eek:. Plus all us buddies did was dig her out every 30 feet....:eek: Bought the wife an M8 this year and it's 125 lbs Roughly lighter than the Apex....She actually can load and unload/manuever it around all by herself( I watched her do it) Save yourself the grief and buy her the new so light and nimble and 120 HP, this will get her anywhere you play. Price is good too. My 2 Cents.... also has great deals on the 2008 Models currently in stock, M8, M1000 And snow Pro versions of each as well...Plus if your sled dies you can rider the M6 or M8 and she can visit a girlfriend that day HAHAHA Always good to think of when your buying your wife a sled which sled she can handle and that will make a great backup sled for you to ride..... Haha I actually tell my wife this and she agrees with me, BONUS hey "YEAH ARCTIC CAT BABY" ( Slogan stolen from Krazy Dan) hahaha

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zero problems with my 900. last belt got 1400 miles on it. dont vibrate anymore than all my other sleds. but it does take some weight to through it around but I point and go. they have got a bad rap but when dialed in they work great. I would take my 900 over a 09 800 last year. I did see a few 800 run now and then lol. every sled has it problems or everyone would be riding the one that is perfect lol. just my 2 cents! oh and I do drive my 900 like I stold it and it has 3500 miles! it seems like everysled blows up sometime lol.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
zero problems with my 900. last belt got 1400 miles on it. dont vibrate anymore than all my other sleds. but it does take some weight to through it around but I point and go. they have got a bad rap but when dialed in they work great. I would take my 900 over a 09 800 last year. I did see a few 800 run now and then lol. every sled has it problems or everyone would be riding the one that is perfect lol. just my 2 cents! oh and I do drive my 900 like I stold it and it has 3500 miles! it seems like everysled blows up sometime lol.

Good point, but 900-1000cc sleds are heavy, and too much of a mountain sled for a trail rider, beer and camera packer hehe... And my Wife hahaha

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol oh she refuses to have a stock apex lol, nah she figured on a turbo....thank god she wasnt serious lol. nah im gonna pick up this 06 700 RMK, looks pretty good and i like polaris

Top Bottom