163 t3 vs 163 x

670rugerboy

Reaction score
what are the plus and minus going to 3 inch. Will 3 inch work for flatland or is it too much? I understand it is not great , but i like the changes to the t3. Need to check one, just want input.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt be using that T3 in anything but mountain riding. just my opinion. however we did have some good snow around edmonton this season and as long as that 3" track has snow to bite into and not dirt it will be just fine. also extended hardpack trail/ditch riding will be hard on that track

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt be using that T3 in anything but mountain riding. just my opinion. however we did have some good snow around edmonton this season and as long as that 3" track has snow to bite into and not dirt it will be just fine. also extended hardpack trail/ditch riding will be hard on that track

I would definatly agree, the amount of hardpack on flatland you will encounter will severly shorten lug life. The chances of lots of snow every year in your area and being able to make fresh tracks every trip is not going to be a common occurance. 3" is definatly a big hill track and not a Sherwood Park track.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Now that I've ride'n the T3 this weekend with Martin Motorsports I can tell you that the track is "Mountain" not trail riding. It chews up the snow big time but is not designed to handle a ton of low snow conditions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396814693.909384.jpg

Sent from my phone ---- is anyone there ?????

670rugerboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Kind of what I thought. Summit X 163 in Race orange it is. Now where to shop? lol

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The t3 will work fine on trails... The deep keel ski really handles the trails awesomely... Shocked well and steering geometry is incredible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

670rugerboy

Reaction score
The t3 will work fine on trails... The deep keel ski really handles the trails awesomely... Shocked well and steering geometry is incredible

did you get a chance to ride a t3 163? if so is the handling that much better than a x 163? does it get up on the snow better? not really gonna use on trails,more fields and cutlines out at the cabin.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Yup rode the 163 x and the t3 163&174... 163 did handle and ride better all around... Got up on snow quick. If you're putting the money u should do the 174, just because it handles everybit as good as the 163 .... Just as fast. Remember the 174 is only 1 wheel size longer. Amazing handling ride and suspension... On either t3... You won't regret buying the t3 in either 163 or 174

xteam

Reaction score
So if the 174 handles like a 163 does the 163 handle like a 154? Just thinking if you can have the floatations of a 163 3" and nimbleness of a 154 that would be pretty attracting as well? I've had a 154 and a 163, I'm very torn wether I try a 174 or stay 163.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if the 174 handles like a 163 does the 163 handle like a 154? Just thinking if you can have the floatations of a 163 3" and nimbleness of a 154 that would be pretty attracting as well? I've had a 154 and a 163, I'm very torn wether I try a 174 or stay 163.

how long do you keep your sleds for?

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some other disadvantages the t3 has on the trail:

signifigantly smaller heat exchangers
no wheels in skid
lower gearing
higher center of gravity

My previous sled has a 3" track (not a doo). I feel that if you are unsure wether a 3" would be an beneficial for your riding, you're probably better off without it.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Heat exchangers are ample.. Better designed and placed where they get the most snow... Slits in track help with snow dispersal and cooling... Better steering geometry and the deep keel ski works great on trails.... Not sure how/why green thumb came to his conclusions

Top Bottom