14 800 carbon fibre steering tree supports

Scottspence

Reaction score
I went to check the wiring for my heated grips, took off the hood and saw that both the carbon fibre tubes that support the steering tree were broken. The side that has the steering components are tied in to, is totally grenaded and the other side is craked enough to be able to twist it by hand. I only have 100 miles on the thing, and not hard miles either. Anyone else have issues like this?

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad i bought an '11 with aluminum bars, those carbon seem to be snapping like toothpicks!

minnow10

Reaction score
Typically they don't just break for no reason! Did a buddy ride it once? That is a common mistake. It would have had to jolted it pretty good!

Honest officer I was not speeding ,,,,, same kind of thing.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad i bought an '11 with aluminum bars, those carbon seem to be snapping like toothpicks!

I've broke 2 of the aluminum bar ones on my 12. the structure at the top cracked where the posts come together on both of them

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of broken ones down here as well waiting on machine shop to make some chromoly ones or something a bit tougher than the carbon ones

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've broke 2 of the aluminum bar ones on my 12. the structure at the top cracked where the posts come together on both of them

Ya i picked mine up used and one of the threaded portions for a through bolt is broken off so its only being held by 3 of 4 bolts right now. I bought a new upper frame section or whatever it is called and will replace it in the off season. I may just try and fix the old one when i get it out.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some must not of been assembled properly cause i ride my sled pretty hard and have had veeery few minor issues. They should warranty that id think

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some must not of been assembled properly cause i ride my sled pretty hard and have had veeery few minor issues. They should warranty that id think

x2 I rally mine 1300 mile still good

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to check the wiring for my heated grips, took off the hood and saw that both the carbon fibre tubes that support the steering tree were broken. The side that has the steering components are tied in to, is totally grenaded and the other side is craked enough to be able to twist it by hand. I only have 100 miles on the thing, and not hard miles either. Anyone else have issues like this?

No issues with mine and she's been bashed around good!! If you don't want to replace wit the CF ones...order the ones out of the regular RMK.

Top Bottom