14/15 pine pass conditions

D.A.M. 24

Reaction score
I thought this was a thread about conditions?

Anyway PK does have the Tenure almost all the way to Bijoux Parking Lot. And why the hell would you want to ride the pipe line all the way over when its basically straight up the mountain from the Bijoux parking lot???? There is also access if you go the bottom of the hill on the highway.

And just so everyone knows, PK use to have a trail system for sleds, there was even a parking area for your sled outside the Pub. You could also ride your sled on the ski runs before the hill opened. This was where a lot of people did their firsts rides of the year. But thanks to all the assholes out there that don't know the Pine Pass area and who disrespected the privileges we did have the new ownership said screw the sledders who don't really bring any money to the hill anyway.

Respect goes along way and so does a bit of $$$ towards supporting the ski hill to get those privileges back.

And one last thing, how many of you have ever paid for your snowmobile pass to ride the Bijoux area before to even support the snowmobile club so we can keep these areas open? You do know there has been a lot of push to shut the Pine Pass areas down, right?

So maybe instead of wining about PK, You should just use the designated areas we still have.

O ya and the snow is accumulating Nicely.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a thread about conditions?

Anyway PK does have the Tenure almost all the way to Bijoux Parking Lot. And why the hell would you want to ride the pipe line all the way over when its basically straight up the mountain from the Bijoux parking lot???? There is also access if you go the bottom of the hill on the highway.

And just so everyone knows, PK use to have a trail system for sleds, there was even a parking area for your sled outside the Pub. You could also ride your sled on the ski runs before the hill opened. This was where a lot of people did their firsts rides of the year. But thanks to all the assholes out there that don't know the Pine Pass area and who disrespected the privileges we did have the new ownership said screw the sledders who don't really bring any money to the hill anyway.

Respect goes along way and so does a bit of $$$ towards supporting the ski hill to get those privileges back.

And one last thing, how many of you have ever paid for your snowmobile pass to ride the Bijoux area before to even support the snowmobile club so we can keep these areas open? You do know there has been a lot of push to shut the Pine Pass areas down, right?

So maybe instead of wining about PK, You should just use the designated areas we still have.

O ya and the snow is accumulating Nicely.

Do you have any proof that PK has tenure all the way to Bijoux, when I looked into this 2 years ago they didn't? Don't know who you are directing your post at, but I have bought 2 passes every year for the past 20 years and I've lived and rode here for 40. I skied there when it was Azu and boarded there when it was PK. I have rode sleds in the mountains respectfully for 40 years and I'm not one of those assholes you speak of. I used to rent a cabin at PK and sled from there thus the use of the pipeline to access the Bijoux Trail, something that a lot of the local PK crowd still do. I've been into Jim's (owner) office to speak directly to him about what we could and couldn't do with our sleds around PK so we didn't break any of their rules and we were treated like ****. I used to bring a lot of money to PK when were allowed there, I ate and drank in the lounge often.

I'm not whining about PK, but until I see definitive proof that they have tenure over the area they were wrongfully claiming I will keep on riding there. There is some spectacular tree riding over there that we can use and still not screw up the area that the locals ski/board down.

You're right respect does go a long ways and my meeting with Jim showed just how much respect he has for sledders. How do we support PK with dollars, as you state, when they don't want us there???

You are right this is supposed to be a thread about conditions so my apologies to the thread starter for hijacking, I will stop now!!!

PipeKing

Reaction score
Ya I have heard that this new management is extremely not sledder friendly at all, after riding we used to stop at the lodge for a bite & beer, from what im hearing about this guy you all speak of ill keep my money in my pocket. Ill encourage my friends to do the same. Its too bad, used to be a fun place.

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I have heard that this new management is extremely not sledder friendly at all, after riding we used to stop at the lodge for a bite & beer, from what im hearing about this guy you all speak of ill keep my money in my pocket. Ill encourage my friends to do the same. Its too bad, used to be a fun place.
No it's got really bad. The ignorance is amazing. I love Pk and the sledding and boarding is amazing but I can't stand the tone of the people there. No matter.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a good question. What's the snow like? Start a different thread if you want to discuss that topic. It's a good one, but less get back to the point of this one.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very little snow in the pass,

powder king snow amounts,

20cm at lodge, 50cm mid hill, 70cm top

165.jpg

Last edited:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard there is lots a whore up there....or hoar or something like that

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to my buddy that lives there and he said you could ride there right now, not the best of conditions, but you can. There is a heavy, hard layer down right now that has flattened all the willows already. If your looking for some place to do some tuning runs or are just itching apparently it's possible right now ;)

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you stay when you ride here? If you want you could likely arrange payment with Tim at The Cat Shack then I could probably get the pass for you and meet you out there in the parking lot, just a thought. We ride all over this area throughout the season and could make a day of it out there.

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to meet up with some people that ride this area through weekdays. Work at one of the mills in Chetwynd on weekends, so I can only ride Monday through Thursday.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id like to meet up with some people that ride this area through weekdays. Work at one of the mills in Chetwynd on weekends, so I can only ride Monday through Thursday.

Most of the guys I ride with work shiftwork at the same plant so we ride midweek quite often. PM me and we can try to arrange a ride.

BR238

Reaction score
quite a few guys went into hassler yesterday made it to the sunshine bowl there was enough snow to get around but had to be careful still they said the meadows where awesome.

as far as the memberships we haven't had our annual meeting yet so we don't have any memberships to sell as of yet but usually even when where closed if theres a vehicle outside where still there and the back door should be unlocked if not phone ahead and we can fill one out for you and set it aside for you or mail it or whatever needs to be done!

• Thanks
Reactions: zal

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the driving directions to hassler? Thanks
You need a radio to get in there, don't be the guy that drives people into the ditch cause you don't got one, but it's like 20 minutes out side Chet you turn left onto the hassler road,(hassler in the name of it ) then go right at km 9 then when you reach the next intersection thing you go left then For only a couple km then theres a road on the right when then main road goes left its right on the corner then just follow that till the parking lot

Top Bottom