1000 Prowler...reports?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya there about 16500 and they have some power. But i have watched a few videos of guys with a teryx 840 against the 1000 prowler and the teryx took it by 3 lengths. But for a stock machine these things have some jamb.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15500 plus 500 freight plus tax.. and yes they rock pretty hard, i think they hold there own, weve sold about 10 and havent had any serious issues with them, not crazy about stock tires, should have tilt steering, and winch installed from factory.... but they are dressed up nice from the manufact. and they go like a fat man on a banana peel, totally speed, with the versatility of a regular sxs just a wit bit more muscle between the seats....:d:d:d

thats my 2 cents

T

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15500 plus 500 freight plus tax.. and yes they rock pretty hard, i think they hold there own, weve sold about 10 and havent had any serious issues with them, not crazy about stock tires, should have tilt steering, and winch installed from factory.... but they are dressed up nice from the manufact. and they go like a fat man on a banana peel, totally speed, with the versatility of a regular sxs just a wit bit more muscle between the seats....:d:d:d

thats my 2 cents

T

15500...ouch:nono:

Cash price...includes winch, rims, tires?

C

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
15500...ouch:nono:

Cash price...includes winch, rims, tires?

C

price is with choice of 3000lb warn or 2 yr warranty, they come with factory alum. mages, tires depends on choices usually 550 will do it. Plus u get 15% off accessories at time and purchase and for 1yr after.....start making a wish list.

T:):):):)

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
price is with choice of 3000lb warn or 2 yr warranty, they come with factory alum. mages, tires depends on choices usually 550 will do it. Plus u get 15% off accessories at time and purchase and for 1yr after.....start making a wish list.

T:):):):)

got any in stock yet?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my teryx stuck and the 4000lb winch had trouble, I think a 3000lb on the prowler would be too light duty.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
standard options include what?

thanks..

i can list em for u , and then u can double check my memory by check our website ttpowersports.com. which has a link to arctic cat

1000 4 stroke efi twin cylinder engine.H2

-4 halogen headlites,
-2" square receiver hitch front and back.
-huge underhood storage/cooler w./drain
-14" mag wheels
-26" radial speed rated tires
-oversize brake discs..
-nurf style side steps.
-box rails
-shoulder harness style seat belts.
-floor console with cup holders and mesh retainer.
-upgrade easy grab park brake handle.
-digital dash display,-2 trip, odometer, hr meter, clock
-hi/lo range automatic cvt transmission
-2 wheel/4 wheel drive select push button
-new differential lock activator.
-rear view mirror
-one piece engine cowl for easy servicing.
- tilt/dump box
-automotive style latch on tail gate.
-burnt orange limited paint w/style decal package and hood scoop
-disc brakes front and rear.

thats a few of the ones i remember off the top of my head any questions let me know...

Terry:d:d:d
and yes we have good stock....

"Canadian Prowler Dealer of the Year 2007-2008"
:d:d:d

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my teryx stuck and the 4000lb winch had trouble, I think a 3000lb on the prowler would be too light duty.

so if u have a machine that weights 1000 lbs,plus or minus 100. shouldnt a winch with triple the pulling capacity of the weight be normally enough.. if not be careful get a snatch block as then if something fails it will be the winch cable, not the machine being pulled apart....

Terry

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so if u have a machine that weights 1000 lbs,plus or minus 100. shouldnt a winch with triple the pulling capacity of the weight be normally enough.. if not be careful get a snatch block as then if something fails it will be the winch cable, not the machine being pulled apart....
Terry

That's probably good advise. I was trying to get up a steep hill this spring in the snow. Had to winch up and dug all 4 tires down at one point. I couldn't pull it out even with a snatch block. That's why I commented on a bigger winch but in hindsight I guess the winch was trying to pull that machine up against a pretty good wall.

rampager

Reaction score
Just spoke to James at Bass Pro/Tracker over the weekend, they just got some in for $14111 !!

Going to have a look at them this week, he said they wouldnt last and are very hard to get a hold of, they have been trying for a while.

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to James at Bass Pro/Tracker over the weekend, they just got some in for $14111 !!

Going to have a look at them this week, he said they wouldnt last and are very hard to get a hold of, they have been trying for a while.

well i dont know...sounds like a fish story...lol .. i have 9 of them....whats the 14111 include? cause now u can buy em, with the winch and 2yr warranty, - were didnt get prowler dealer of the yr cause our prices are 2 high....

let me know

Terry

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If ch!t hits the fan and you need a dealer to stand behind you you are screwed. The small extra amount that you are going to spend to buy local instead of a large american company is worth it's weight tenfold when you need a favor.

Try taking your broken ATV to Bass and getting it fixed!!!!

(no dealer affiliation, just personal experience.)

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well dont buy one my buddy has one a its the biggest piece of chitt he ever owned the engine went out and the axle has pop out of the front diff twice and on and on i had an 08 700 prowler and it to was crap 5 trips on the gooseneck trailer was enought for me sold it cheap didnt want to see it every again and mine was use stricly on the pavement well thats my 2 cents and yeah :dthe yamaha rhinos are no better either

ouch,,, well that is unfortunate for sure, if its got tires or tats u can have problems with it no doubt, unfortunately it must have been a friday afternoon build and they r out there.. whether it s a atv, utv, pick up or rv fridge... nothing we can do about it. certainly dont stop driving u just take ur chances on something else...lol.. i can tell u i have sold 12 and had only one that the customer didnt like, it too had a couple of issues some "pilot error" some manufacturers, the axle popping out we have found is caused by the absence of two o-rings behind the c-clips the hold the axle in, this was one of the probs with our customers unit. I guess its again gonna fall back on the dealer/customer relationship.. remember we dont build em, and we want u to be happy, but we dont have the super man cape on either. This customer traded his in on a rhino... and has had no issues so thus far.. and hes happy.

usually popping an axle, ripping a cv boot , or getting a flat are just bad luck, some people are less lucky than others, remember to be honest with our selves this units are built for off road, yes, they are built for water, dirt , sand, snow etc. but i highly doubt the manufactures or the test rats, have any idea what we really do with them. I have rental sxs and atvs and i know personally what they go through and what i put my units through.... so its always a game of chance when u hit the hole wfo, or put the big tires on that are 3-4 sizes taller and hammer the throttle, some get away with it for a while, and some dont.

I only ask that u dont right off a brand that sells hundreds and thousands of units based on a few bad experiences. especially when we dont know all the info, were the units stock that the engine blew up on, was it every sunk, did it have 30 silverbacks on it when the axles blew..up...

remember ride safe, have fun and always, always, splash ur buddy...have a good one.... p.s. how many xtz were sold? are there tons of them for sale?
how many dragon sleds were sold that engines popped in? are they all junk too? does that mean all polaris sleds are junk and we should stay away from them? i dont think so.

Terry

Top Bottom