100 hour Service. Yikes

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
Just had my 100 hour service and wow. Even with an hour knocked off for doing my own clutches and changing my own oil and air filter it was still $450. Not cheap.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats it? wow i took my truck in the other day it was 10,000$ who cares?

maybe say why you think that is unreasonable amount to service an atv in your opinion.

labor rates are well over 100$ an hour and parts are ridiculous. why is 400 bucks so out of line?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife new Equinox cost 60$ for it`s first service,and it costs more than 3 times what an outlander costs.........You got hosed.........

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I make a point of not taking anything to a dealer unless it's a failed part under warranty, even then I would factor in my time and cost to get the thing to the dealer and back plus downtime first. Scheduled maintenance is something best done yourself, and if the dealer tries to throw the whole "if you dont get it serviced here your warranty is void" garbage in your face you can tell him to stuff it. They have to prove that any failure on your machine was caused by abuse or lack of proper maintenance before they can deny you a warranty claim.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I make a point of not taking anything to a dealer unless it's a failed part under warranty, even then I would factor in my time and cost to get the thing to the dealer and back plus downtime first. Scheduled maintenance is something best done yourself, and if the dealer tries to throw the whole "if you dont get it serviced here your warranty is void" garbage in your face you can tell him to stuff it. They have to prove that any failure on your machine was caused by abuse or lack of proper maintenance before they can deny you a warranty claim.

Which isn't hard to do on a poorly maintained atv. Not everyone has the time or knowhow to service an atv and sometimes you just end up making it worse.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DOES canam waranty cover that ???????????????????????????? What has driving a thru a swamp got to do with a dealer service ??
And finally you don`t know my wife apparently..........lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that......So if they had to replace broken parts,then the sky is the limit. If on the other hand,the guy did his own oilchange,filter, air filter and clutch maintenance, how in the world would it cost 450$?
As the most i ever paid was 270$ on a full service for a renegade............That included all fluids.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that......So if they had to replace broken parts,then the sky is the limit. If on the other hand,the guy did his own oilchange,filter, air filter and clutch maintenance, how in the world would it cost 450$?
As the most i ever paid was 270$ on a full service for a renegade............That included all fluids.

Ahh I see what your getting at. Maybe he will post his invoice so we will see who's getting shafted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rest my case.................:ignore::party:

Attachments

• rzr wheelie Medicine lake.jpg
    rzr wheelie Medicine lake.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 206

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had my 100 hour service and wow. Even with an hour knocked off for doing my own clutches and changing my own oil and air filter it was still $450. Not cheap.
I'm guessing they did a valve adjust. There's a couple hours labor there.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about off road, but ford built a truck made for just off road I here, then try and get warranty with it. LOL POS

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Naw....... if you offroad a Raptor the frame bends where the bumpstops hit above the rear end. I think they resolved the issue now........ maybe, lol.

Just because a Raptor is shown being beaten by Ford themselves is no just cause for you to do the same and expect service. Chrysler shows SRT's doing burnouts like mad...... and even offered the SRT experience in the States....... But if you show up to a service department with rubber in the wheel wells they will show that to you and tell you your warranty is void due to "abuse".

GM is probably worse. Hell if you use a new GM truck as a truck they won't necessarily void the warranty...... But they will just tell you everything wrong with it is "normal" or "cannot be replicated" until the warranty is gone.

Warranty is a joke. You have to pay to play, period.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Warranty is only a joke If you don't got the balls to tell them to shove it up their a$$ when they tell you it's not warrantied. I have had numerous warranty claims from trucks to quads, sleds, holiday trailer etc and never had them tell me no, they try once in a while at Dodge but in the end it always gets fixed on warranty. And I definitely don't baby anything I own, I take good care of it and do proper preventative maintenance but I definitely use my toys to their fullest

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That $450 bucks sure does sound a little like a rip off, I can see maybe $300 at the most......... Can Ams most expensive to buy and apparently the most expensive to service..... go figure

Top Bottom