09 xp rear shocks

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
has anybody had problems with the main rear shock freezing or sticking.rode on the weekend and it stuck solid:eek:not very impressed only 250km:confused::mad:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They did the same last year and they said that it was a problem with the company that made them not charging them properly.. But i guess that they didn't get that fixedfor this year. Put a holz rear skid in it or a racers edge skid in it.. Problem solved and a way better skid to boot.

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id like to but i read somewhere that (if my wife asks it costs 20 bucks;))i dont think that i could sneak that one by her. i found it hard to sneak a 163 summit home alredy:cool:

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 xp rear isn't freezing up but there is a whole lot of sag. Love the sled but next year its going to racers edge for a rear end over haul.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id like to but i read somewhere that (if my wife asks it costs 20 bucks;))i dont think that i could sneak that one by her. i found it hard to sneak a 163 summit home alredy:cool:

Then i'd go into your dealer and complain as they should fix that under warranty.

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 09 xp rear isn't freezing up but there is a whole lot of sag. Love the sled but next year its going to racers edge for a rear end over haul.

Frbstr and an other guy i know just got new shocks under warrenty, because of the sag, go to your dealer they may be able to help you, the sleds were 08 xp 154 800

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frbstr and an other guy i know just got new shocks under warrenty, because of the sag, go to your dealer they may be able to help you, the sleds were 08 xp 154 800

I trully hope everyone get warrenty for thier shocks, but good luck getting it at Turple Bros in Red Deer. They told us flat out if it's not recalled it wont be replaced. Or has to be totally gone. We pondered hard about buying out of the US but decided to SUPPORT local and get the warrenty. Well I know were I'm buying from next time...well at least were I'm not . Love BRP..hate TB:mad:

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I trully hope everyone get warrenty for thier shocks, but good luck getting it at Turple Bros in Red Deer. They told us flat out if it's not recalled it wont be replaced. Or has to be totally gone. We pondered hard about buying out of the US but decided to SUPPORT local and get the warrenty. Well I know were I'm buying from next time...well at least were I'm not . Love BRP..hate TB:mad:

that sucks they deal with gibbons motor toys, i m not a doo guy by any means but i buy alot of aftermarket stuff there as the staff are very good people and very helpful.......IMO one of the best dealers around. this coming from a polaris guy....:eek::eek:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We deal with gibbons alot and they seem to really good.. So if i was you and had an issue i`d talkto them.. Tim is an awesome guy there..

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i dropped it off today they said that this was the first time they had heard of this so maybe im the only guy who rides his new toy?maybe new skid frame next year havent had enough seat time yet to kill this one

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got it back from the shop today and as it turns out the shocks were never precharged at all they were empty.nice:rolleyes:

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 XP 154 everest and it too started to sag pretty good. My dealer replaced for me while it was in for the crank recall. From what I heard in the shop that day the problems seems to be in the valving of the shocks but skidoo is still persuing the charge angle. Have to wait and see how it all pans out. I suspect that a lot of shocks will get fixed/replaced twice before all is said and done.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats doo for you..........just kidding

We rent out several rmk/dragon 800's and they sag more than the doo's do right off the showroom floor.. So before you try pokin fun at the competition you should pay close attenttion to the poo that you ride.. A buddy of mine has less than 400 miles on his brand new dragon 800 '09 and he blew the rear shock out of it.. Just a bit of info for yah..

Last edited:

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rent out several rmk/dragon 800's and the ysag more than the doo's do right off thr showroom floor.. So before you try pokin fun at the competition you should pay close attenttion to the poo that you ride.. A buddy of mine has less than 400 miles on his brand new dragon 800 '09 and he blew the rear shock out of it.. Just a bit of info for yah..

Just like buddies Assault with 110miles on it....*BANG* went the engine yesterday!!!!

slednecks11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a racers edge suspention in the 09 skidoo summit 600etec 154 X and i tell ya i beats the doo suspention theres no comarsparison it will climb 10times better to

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was at martins thursday, was looking at a 09 out in the parking lot when a mech walked by i asked why the sag? he said shock wasn't charged enough, i guess it needs 300 of nitrogen. i changed my 07 for a fox float works very nice!:d:beer:

Top Bottom